How to Uninstall Windows 8.1 Update

sujith

As you might have heard, Windows 8.1 Update comes in the form of several KB files, so you’re going to need to remove them all in order to make sure that the new OS version is completely gone.

w81remove1%20small.jpg

So follow the next path to get to the screen that allows you to uninstall the patches:

Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > View installed updates

Uninstall the following updates:
KB2949621
KB2938439
KB2937592
KB2932046
KB2919355
Once you’re done, reboot your computer and you should be good to go.

If you’re going to pick this alternative way, launch a Command Prompt window with administrator privileges and run the following commands, one by one, until each of the aforementioned patches is successfully uninstalled:

CODE
wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:2949621
wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:2938439
wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:2937592
wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:2932046
wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:2919355

w81remove2.jpg

Of course, a reboot is again needed in order to make sure that all files have been successfully removed, so restart your computer and then check again if the aforementioned KB files have been deleted from the Windows Update list.

Edited by sujith

• Replies 13
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• demoneye

• dcs18

• iih1

• sujith

Top Posters In This Topic

As you might have heard, Windows 8.1 Update comes in the form of several KB files, so you’re going to need to remove them all in order to make sure that the new OS version is completely gone.

w81remove1%20small.jpg

So follow the next path to get to the screen that allows you to uninstall the patches:

KB2949621

KB2938439

KB2937592

KB2932046

KB2919355

If you’re going to pick this alternative way, launch a Command Prompt window with administrator privileges and run the following commands, one by one, until each of the aforementioned patches is successfully uninstalled:

CODE

w81remove2.jpg

Of course, a reboot is again needed in order to make sure that all files have been successfully removed, so restart your computer and then check again if the aforementioned KB files have been deleted from the Windows Update list.

why you should uninstall the update?

KB2949621

KB2938439

KB2937592

KB2932046

KB2919355

Those who used Windows Update to upgrade to the 8.1 Update need to uninstall just one update - the last one, before rebooting:--

KB2919355

Airstream_Bill

Why would anyone want to uninstall Yesterdays Update?? Ya got me????????????????

The crazy thing is... I downloaded and installed all 6 msi files (Update 1) a while back and all was fine, when it was patch tuesday yesterday all files were again downloaded through Windows Update ??!?!

I mean.. wtf.. I thought I already had them installed...

Strange don't you think?

Edited by maut

w81remove1%20small.jpg

KB2949621

KB2938439

KB2937592

KB2932046

KB2919355

CODE

w81remove2.jpg

why would you want to do that anyway?

Edited by demoneye

Microsoft Temporarily Pulls Windows 8.1 Update for WSUS Servers

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/214504-microsoft-temporarily-pulls-windows-81-update-for-wsus-servers/

Not everyone succeeds to 100% perfection - some systems scream like hell and say no to the latest updates :D

Why would anyone want to uninstall Yesterdays Update?? Ya got me????????????????

w81remove1%20small.jpg

KB2949621
KB2938439
KB2937592
KB2932046
KB2919355

CODE

w81remove2.jpg

Edited by Sonar

Microsoft Temporarily Pulls Windows 8.1 Update for WSUS Servers

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/214504-microsoft-temporarily-pulls-windows-81-update-for-wsus-servers/

Not everyone succeeds to 100% perfection - some systems scream like hell and say no to the latest updates :D

w81remove1%20small.jpg

KB2949621

KB2938439

KB2937592

KB2932046

KB2919355

CODE

w81remove2.jpg

i see the bug found regard only server machine ... so no worry over win 8.1 pro VL version ... :)

Very Easy!!! Reinstall Widows.

Me too, also see here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/askpfeplat/archive/2014/04/07/exploring-windows-8-1-update-start-screen-desktop-and-other-enhancements.aspx

Test first, on Virtual Machine IF OK, then go to the real Install.

Edited by iih1

Very Easy!!! Reinstall Widows.

Me too, also see here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/askpfeplat/archive/2014/04/07/exploring-windows-8-1-update-start-screen-desktop-and-other-enhancements.aspx

Test first, on Virtual Machine IF OK, then go to the real Install.

One thing, If you not familiar with offline update, aren't necessary to hurry with update w8.1 update 1 april 2014.

The crazy thing is... I downloaded and installed all 6 msi files (Update 1) a while back and all was fine, when it was patch tuesday yesterday all files were again downloaded through Windows Update ??!?!

I mean.. wtf.. I thought I already had them installed...

Strange don't you think?

The RTM release is different from the MSDN release. ;)