DFX Audio Enhancer 11.113

jalaffa

What I HATE is that there are add running, so if you don´t need just delete. e.g. dfxItunesSongs.exe or if you running on x64 DfxSharedApp32.exe.

each do serve a purpose, for example,

• DfxSharedApp32.exe allows 32-bit apps on x64 OSs to communicate with the DFX UI to update the realtime spectral visuals
  • DfxSharedApp64.exe allows 64-bit apps on x64 OSs to communicate with the DFX UI to update the realtime spectral visuals

as browsers come in both 32 and 64 bit bit versions then each would use the relevant file above.

Also, not all media players have both a 32 and 64 build, some very good ones only have 32 bit builds.

So, rather than delete... just end task and observe the loss of function -- if you are happy, then rename so that the file is not run again -- this is the more prudent step to take.

When I ended the task DfxSharedApp32.exe - my music output no longer updated the pretty visuals, however, DFX still worked, as soon as i executed DfxSharedApp32.exe, the realtime display continued its animation. I did end and rename the dfxItunesSongs.exe as I don't use the iTunes program.

Personally, I think it is far better that if we don't want a feature then we can simply rename a file instead of the code being hardcoded into a main bloaty exe file like v10 (if that is how v10 even works - i can't remember)

There is advantages to DFX loading as a driver, perhaps people should rethink and give this model a chance.

Edited by BEngEE

• Replies 29
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pete 12

• Matt

• jvidal

• smallhagrid

• 1 month later...