Phil Spencer admits Microsoft made wrong decisions with Xbox One strategy

anuseems

Microsoft's new Head of Xbox Phil Spencer has admitted the company got plenty of things wrong in the build up to the Xbox One console's release last year

From Techradar:

In an interview with Xbox Live boss Larry Hyrb (aka Major Nelson), Spencer said the company is revisiting those decisions in order to the give console the stamp of the gamer. He said: There is a lot of learning that I did as a leader in the organisation, when I just heard how our message resonated with people and some of the decisions that we made, that I think were actually the wrong decisions, and we had to revisit those decisions.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/phil-spencer-admits-microsoft-made-wrong-decisions-with-xbox-one-strategy-1240204

Edited by anuseems

• Replies 4
  • Views 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dMog

• jtmulc

• anuseems

• dcs18

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

THE GAMERS DICTATE TO THE MAKERS what they like and do not like,,,,not the makers dictating to the gamers what they should like and will buy

THE GAMERS DICTATE TO THE MAKERS what they like and do not like,,,,not the makers dictating to the gamers what they should like and will buy

That's how it is supposed to be in an actual free market, products and features driven by public demand. Here the free market is distorted as each console manufacturer holds a monopoly on their own desirable titles.

"There is a lot of learning that I did as a leader in the organisation, when I just heard how our message resonated with people and some of the decisions that we made, that I think were actually the wrong decisions, and we had to revisit those decisions.

But, that's not news for us - it's exactly how the ScumBall like you (and every one of your associates - at Microsoft) has always known to blunder. :huh:

bottom line...with great success comes great great arrogance...the question remains... is this going to be another case of just talking about mistakes being made or is he actually going to change the culture of arrogance ....tho company i work for did a lot of things right in the past ...then they got very successful and the top executives began making wrong decisions...and lot of them....nobody was good enough to admit they were wrong and fix the mistakes (too proud) ans now a once great company has all but fallen