Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v2.0.1.1004

thylacine

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v2.0.1.1004

http://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/v2/mbam/consumer/data/mbam-setup-2.0.1.1004.exe

Changelogs

Improvements:

Database is now updated automatically after installation

Notifications are no longer displayed if the Dashboard is in focus to reduce redundant information

Significantly reduced the size of all tray notifications

Reduced the intensity of the colors used for tray notifications and status banners in the Dashboard

Database out of date and scan has never been run notifications now reduced in severity to orange instead of red

Issues Fixed:

All scheduled scans should now run without popping up the main UI so that users are not interrupted

Hello everyone! I want to personally thank you all for the wonderful feedback we've received after the launch of 2.0 last Monday. We've heard you loud and clear regarding the UI and have been working as quickly as possible to fix some of the more obvious issues.

Here's what we've done --

You said: the notifications are too big

We've changed the notification size to be significantly smaller.

You said: there are too many notifications

If the UI is in focus, you will no longer be getting tray notifications except for malware detections.

You said: installing the product for the first time and getting multiple red notifications scares users

We agree! On first launch, the database will be auto-updated and users will no longer be bombarded by red notifications, this was never our intent!

You said: the dashboard screaming red aggressive colors all of the time is annoying and not helpful and can even scare users

We've changed the color of most of the notifications from red to orange and changed both red and orange to look less aggressive.

You can read the full change log here or in the installer as we've fixed some minor issues as well.

To get the update, please download it from our website, or if you're already running 2.0, just check for updates. Starting Monday, we will start slowly migrating 1.75 users to 2.0; this is currently disabled. If you do not wish to participate, please make sure you've disabled the program updates on the Update Settings tab in 1.75.

I realize this is not the entire scope of changes you expect. We have a ton of work to do beyond this, but we wanted to respond quickly to change what some users have termed "rogue behavior."

I would greatly appreciate your comments. I also want to let you know that we're working on allow users to disable the new product module we put on the dashboard, rework the entire notification system, and more.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=145758

Edited by thylacine

• Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thylacine

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days