Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Beta

anuraag

The Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor application was designed to be a small tool that scans your PC's system, programs and devices to check if it's able to run Windows 7.

After a few minutes, the report will let you know if your PC meets the system requirements, if there are any known compatibility issues with your programs and devices, and will also provide guidance on your upgrade options to Windows 7.

Requirements:

· NET 2.0 Framework or higher

Download

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nessjirval

thanks can be very handy to decide if I will take Windows 7 on my slower PC :smoke:

nice one.. But IT PRO's said that if a machine runs fine with XP, it can run good with Windows 7 on it.

Thanks for the info :P ; I dont remember if I did a compatibility test or not before the program.

From what I read, my pc is ready but the thing is, I'm not ; waiting for final version first.

:cheers:

► Rock Lee

Agreed... tirend of downloading and wasting dvd's for W7.. :P

I've downloaded windows 7 Rc and running it on a Dell latitude C600 laptop (pentium III 1ghz with 384 MB and a 10 GB harddisk) and it works only a bit slower dan winXP.

JessicaLeigh
I've downloaded windows 7 Rc and running it on a Dell latitude C600 laptop (pentium III 1ghz with 384 MB and a 10 GB harddisk) and it works only a bit slower dan winXP.

Wow, Bommie, that C600 you have is 9 years old! I can't believe it's still useful to you. Rock on!

Wow, Bommie, that C600 you have is 9 years old! I can't believe it's still useful to you. Rock on!

I only use this one to try out stuff like this and some linux distributions. ;)

does this 7 Windows any good?!

manbotdbot

My PC has only 16mb of Video RAM. Is that good enough? I'll try this tomorrow.

16 MB >!

that's not enough to run Vista ...how about 7 then !

enjoy 98 it's better :cheers:

manbotdbot

I knew that, but someone here said if your computer's enough to run XP it's good enough for 7.

I knew that, but someone here said if your computer's enough to run XP it's good enough for 7.

That's true.. But it'll be a lil slower..

If your XP is working fast.. W7 would work on it..

If your XP is really slow.. W7 would have some trouble ;)

Archived