TSSTCorp CD/DVDW TS-L532M

SwiftStryder

SwiftStryder

My CD-R/RW and DVD-R/RW drive does not read burned discs. It can read commercial discs like movies and stuff. It can burn cd's/dvd's that DO work on other computers, but not on this one. I have tried burning at minimum speed(3x) and still the same result.

The drive name is:

(D:) TSSTCorp CD/DVDW TS-L532M(0:1)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 13
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

Didn't want ot start a new topic but I recently discovered this problem as well... And my drive is...

atapi ihas120 6

And the same problem as mentioned above, it'll read any commercial discs... And when I do put in a burned DVD... it just shows (on the drive) loading, the green light is flashing like there's no tomorrow... And then when I try accessing it via My Computer, it just lags/ hangs there... And my system sorta lags, but if I eject the DVD, my system immediately goes to normal.

Latest drivers installed.

Tried some googling but didn't help too much.

No one replied to this one, so I guess not much information on it =/

• Administrator

Is it only DVD's? Do CD's work?

It does sound like an issue that leads me to believe your drive could be on its last limbs.

SacredCultivator

It's only BURNED cd/dvd's that don't work, but any commercial cd/dvd's work.

• Administrator

Does it recognise the disc? Does the light on the front of the drive flash at all? Have you tried these discs in another system? Have you tried writing your discs at a lower speed and then trying them?

SacredCultivator

Quote from my first post:

And the same problem as mentioned above, it'll read any commercial discs... And when I do put in a burned DVD... it just shows (on the drive) loading, the green light is flashing like there's no tomorrow... And then when I try accessing it via My Computer, it just lags/ hangs there... And my system sorta lags, but if I eject the DVD, my system immediately goes to normal.

--

So yes, when I insert the Burned CD/DVD, the drive itself is 'reading' it, as the light is flashing like omfg! And then when I go to My Computer and try to access the Drive, it sorta just hangs there for a long while, and basically stops responding. If I eject it, it instantly responds (doesn't hang)

And the Burned CD/DVD works on my other systems + laptop, so the CD/DVD itself isn't corrupt for sure.

SacredCultivator

Nopes, been using Nero Micro 9.2.6.0 build 2.3 for quite a long time now, and that's the only one I use. Alcohol 52% for mounting images, but I didn't install/uninstall that for a long time as well.

For both SwiftStryder & Cultivator: Make sure that DMA mode is enabled for the drive in Device Manager [under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers' advanced settings].. (and not PIO only)

Or check for firmware upgrades..

SwiftStryder: I tried to look for them for you, but it seems you'd need to crossflash your drive to Toshiba SD-R6572M as there's no new fw from that manufacturer.. (seems it's a "rebadged" SD-R6572M anyway) so it could be risky, to some extent.. this is in a lappy, right? or..

Cultivator: might be one of these, but can't be 100% sure it's for your model: http://files.rpc1.org/index.php?act=category&id=1791

but anyway you can look in that site for a suitable fw if it turns out incompatible.. don't flash if you're not 100% sure the fw you downed is for your drive!

anyway hope it's just the DMA thing, would make ur lives easier.. :rolleyes:

SacredCultivator

@HATE9X: Thanks for the tips but... Mines a SATA Drive, so when I got to Device Manager, there just isn't much I can play around with in the options, so can't do that DMA thingy as it isn't IDE.

And the link you gave is to a new 'gen' of models, as mine isn't "7" but "6", so those don't work for me.

too bad then.. i have mine set to native ide for dvd drive and only hd is ahci, heard sata dvd drives can have some probs in ahci mode, so maybe you could also try switching it to native ide.. would recommend keeping hd(s) ahci/raid tho..

ps. sry for the late reply, was traveling for a few days.. and if something's unclear, that's because i haven't sobered up completely yet.. :P

• Administrator

I will say that no drive can read burned CDs and DVDs that are made from your drive.

It's simple your laser for burning is damaged.

Try using the burned CDs and DVDs on someone else's drive.

Archived