• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcs18

• 212eta

• knowledge-Spammer

• dMog

Top Posters In This Topic

This would appear to be an excellent post my friend! I just took a look around that site and they have a small but terribly useful app to help you identify the bloatware

and uninstall it for you. I had it scanned by Virustotal and it came back 100% clean. So I installed it to try it out. Here's a screenshot.

GoLH7Q5.jpg

If you click on "what is it", a web page appears with lots of useful info on the selected program. Nice indeed. Thanks!

Btw, you dont have to install the app as they will show you where to find the uninstaller on their site.

Edited by lurch234

Instead of identifying and then wasting time removing bloatware and others associated crapware - I'd focus on not installing them, in the first place.

Instead of identifying and then wasting time removing bloatware and others associated crapware -

I'd focus on not installing them, in the first place.

And when Manufacturers install Bloatware/Crapware in the 1st place?

The choice is always with you - not the Manufacturer. 8)

Instead of identifying and then wasting time removing bloatware and others associated crapware - I'd focus on not installing them, in the first place.

if u buy a new laptop nowdays they add bloatware

The culprit is the Purchaser of the new laptop - I always buy a new laptop with FreeDOS because some of my Customers might want Windows 7 instead of the OEM, Windows 8.

The choice, my friend is . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .always with you.

if u buy a new laptop nowdays they add bloatware

The culprit is the Purchaser of the new laptop - I always buy a new laptop with FreeDOS because some of my Customers might want Windows 7 instead of the OEM, Windows 8.

The choice, my friend is . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .always with you.

i buy a new laptop that come with windows 8 now updated two 8.1 and did want windows 7 but wanted two try new things out but had no choice with what bloatware they installed but yer i get what your saying mate

Wonderful . . . . . . . so now, as per my quoted example - firstly, who is the culprit? Secondly, what's your Username on this board? :naughty:

totally agree.... but when you buy a new note book it come pre loaded with crap load of crap... I had to format ans then i took all crapware off and the only thing i have installed now is my antivirus and fire wall microsoft word 2007 chrome, firefox and the few programs for my cameras that i use...no third party dfrag or any thing else...and i have noticed my computer starts way faster and has doed not have any problems

Just a little useful heads up especially for those buying a new laptop or branded PC - never go in for a pre-installed OS, opt instead for FreeDOS. The OS that comes pre-installed with systems is generally Windows 8 Core/Single Language which is not as feature-rich as the high-end Professional/Enterprise found, out here. If you buy a pre-installed OS, you're paying extra bucks for a low-end OS that anyways you're going to format into a Professional/Enterprise - so, it's preferable to go for FreeDOS and save those extra bucks (maybe spend it on peripherals or even your gal.) ;)

Edited by dcs18

i got my new notebook with points from my credit card so id not that option to have it only loaded with dos.... so i had to spend time time uninstalling all the crap.

especially for those buying a new laptop or branded PC

- never go in for a pre-installed OS, opt instead for FreeDOS.

Is the FreeDOS option easily available for users,

who do Not order PCs from the Internet,

in the developing countries of Africa, Middle East, the Balkans etc.?

especially for those buying a new laptop or branded PC

- never go in for a pre-installed OS, opt instead for FreeDOS.

Is the FreeDOS option easily available for users,

who do Not order PCs from the Internet,

in the developing countries of Africa, Middle East, the Balkans etc.?

Not sure about the developing countries of Africa and the Balkan - but yes, I have had some Clients who (physically) ordered laptops from Dubai in the past with FreeDOS.

So far, every system that I formatted & configured has been a face-to-face purchase and have never tried to order anything online.

Not sure about the developing countries of Africa and the Balkan -

but yes, I have had some Clients who (physically) ordered laptops from Dubai in the past with FreeDOS.

So far, every system that I formatted & configured has been a face-to-face purchase and have never tried to order anything online.

Well, Dubai is like the States...

Anyway...I will keep in mind FreeDOS...

All said and done we could come across systems belonging to our Customers, friends, neighbors, who look upon us to help them get rid of their bloatware - Makers like hp, compaq, lenovo, etc., etc, are notorious for such crapware in their pre-installation.

In such situations, the first 2 posts would be extremely useful. :yes:

Makers like hp, compaq, lenovo, etc., etc, are notorious for such crapware in their pre-installation.

In such situations, the first 2 posts would be extremely useful. :yes:

I guess I have to remove THIS post... :lol:

Edited by 212eta