DefenseWall 3.24

anuraag

DefenseWall HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention System) is the simplest and easiest way to protect yourself from malicious software (spyware, botnets, adware, keyloggers, rootkits, etc.) and identification theft, that can not be stopped by your anti-virus and anti-spyware programs, when you surf the Internet! Using the next generation proactive protection technologies, sandboxing and virtualization, DefenseWall HIPS helps you achieve a maximum level of protection against malicious software, while not demanding any special knowledge or ongoing online signature updates. No signatures, no popup windows, no false positives. It is just reliable and transparent protection, easy to use and strong. For Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8 32-bit (64-bit is not supported)

Download

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 14
  • Views 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is this not compatible with 64-bit operating systems? I'm looking for a worthy x64-alternative to this program.

Why is this not compatible with 64-bit operating systems?.

Because the dev hasn't found out yet on how to make it compatible for 64-bit OS.

I'm looking for a worthy x64-alternative to this program.

Check out AppGuard

Why appguard ? why always appguard ? :p

I'm starting to really dislike x64.

No Sandboxie? No DefenseWall?

There's no working fix for AppGuard so I'm just going to avoid that program altogether. I'll just keep using WFC since it's never given me any problems.

No Sandboxie? No DefenseWall?

There's no working fix for AppGuard so I'm just going to avoid that program altogether. I'll just keep using WFC since it's never given me any problems.

Comodo Firewall Or ESET ether one has hips

Read the 2nd review down about AppGuard

http://download.cnet.com/AppGuard/3000-2239_4-10912598.html

Pros

Blocks stuff really good including exploit-based memory-resident 'malware' droppers.

Cons

There is a common misconception this is an AV replacement. It only does part of what a modern-day AV HIPS does. Install it on an infected machine, or let a working-software binary-binded malware past it, and it's a 'malware' protector.

Summary

The reality is all software vendors practically ignore internet chatter unless it affects THEIR bottom lines, which forum posts and reviews&comments rarely do, so saying if it had a breach-entry and real-time ARK it'd have an tremendous edge in AV+ARK realms is unlikely to influence anything unless I'm some form of investor.

SIDE NOTE: I find humor as a software engineer and veteran security-researcher, that security solutions like this and Sandboxie hook/detour/underprivlage most syscalls on a platform, but still get logic-bombed out of with a single call to LoadLibraryA and VirtualProtectEX by VB and .NET 'malware' written by children(literally in most cases), which you can use from D.O.D. grade privileges in any process. What's sad is stealth methods that worked on them 3 years ago work today, but the authors and end-users have officially labeled it 'not a hole'.

Too each there own though i been on on x64 since 2011 and i never needed hips or have I ever got infected I just use avast and windows firewall . When your x86 your more likely to get infected.

No Sandboxie?

Starting with version 4.02, Sandboxie is now fully compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows, and provides all protection. The Experimental Protection setting is no longer needed and was removed.

Source: http://www.sandboxie.com/?NotesAbout64BitEdition

No Sandboxie?

Starting with version 4.02, Sandboxie is now fully compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows, and provides all protection. The Experimental Protection setting is no longer needed and was removed.

Source: http://www.sandboxie.com/?NotesAbout64BitEdition

did you read the post above about what this guy says about it. I was around back when sandboxie the 1st x64 versions came out the vendors themselves back then said that it would never fully work in x64 because there's a hole in x64

but still get logic-bombed out of with a single call to LoadLibraryA and VirtualProtectEX by VB and .NET 'malware' written by children(literally in most cases), which you can use from D.O.D. grade privileges in any process. What's sad is stealth methods that worked on them 3 years ago work today, but the authors and end-users have officially labeled it 'not a hole'.

The hole is still there talk about false sense of security. When Avast put the sandbox out in the free version . They had so many complaining about it being annoying that they removed it in the next major version . There articles all over the internet on how to disable it . It didn't go so well in and anti virus program . Its not it cant be done for free it already was and it backfired on them.

There is no software which provides 100% protection,everything is vulnerable(including Avast,NoScript,Windows Firewall,etc),so use what you like.

There is no software which provides 100% protection,everything is vulnerable(including Avast,NoScript,Windows Firewall,etc),so use what you like.

I agree with you 100% on that but also everyone is not on XP no more were we need to use all this stuff . There's security packages and free FW that all ready has hips .

The problem with using apps like AppGuard in x64 would be this there's many malwares that cant live in x64 no ways it cant attach , If they sneak one through that can get past AppGuard it would protect it were it could not die.

And I also have MalwareBytes and SAS witch has never detected anything bad since I been on x64 . The reason I run and Anti Virus is Because of websites sometimes has bad stuff attached browsing the internet is dangerous . I'm more worried about going to a website or installing some software that has crapware in there installer than anything

i don't use any antivirus for about 5 years , as the only pc user i KNOW what i am doing , so a chance malware can fool me and bypass into my system (by running/extracting/opening mail is zero).

i don't use any antivirus for about 5 years , as the only pc user i KNOW what i am doing , so a chance malware can fool me and bypass into my system (by running/extracting/opening mail is zero).

I have two computers. My old laptop is used by whomever comes over and happens to access it. Then my new laptop is mine, and only mine. My old laptop has the security setup I have linked in my Signature. My personal laptop has no real-time antivirus or antimalware, and for the exact same reason as you've said 8)

Archived