DuckDuckgo search engine.....

Son-of-Sam

Search anonymously. Find instantly. DuckDuckGo is a search engine that does not track!

DuckDuckGo: The privacy search ruffling Google's feathers

Gabriel Weinberg, the search engine's founder, says it has tapped into a growing desire not to be tracked

Thought I would just share....Privacy has been an isue Latley
The only way To surf...Google will sell you out without thinking Twice!

here is the full story! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/digital-media/10684889/DuckDuckGo-The-privacy-search-enginer-ruffling-Googles-feathers.html

https://duckduckgo.com/ Home

http://donttrack.us/ Good Stuffjfao0m.png

23j0qqh.jpg

What do you Think........I hate Google......One thing I dont like is Monopaly .....Help Fight

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ffi

• shamu726

• Batu69

• Son-of-Sam

Top Posters In This Topic

But a search engine that tracks you is a good thing, it helps you get the results you are looking for not some random junk from the internet. And who says you can trust duckduckgo, duckduckgo? Google is a huge corporation which makes a lot of money from the data you entrust them with, so google is far more trustworthy because they have a reputation and a huge revenue to loose whereas duckduckgo has nothing to loose but a lot to win from abusing your data....

Edited by ffi

I care about the search results. It's what I use a search engine for. I find that Google is still better at it.

I'm using only DDG for 5 months and compared to google or startpage, results are not as accurate. I plan to switch back to startpage because it uses google's results.

Moreover, i think that startpage is safer than DDG, it's a non profit organisation.

Edited by ben01

According to Calomel SSL validation. DDG is blue, and StartPage is green

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/calomel-ssl-validation/

The "Calomel SSL Validation" add-on grades the SSL cipher strength of the current connection. Access to a detailed summery of the SSL negotiation is supplied by a toolbar button you can now place on any toolbar. The button also will change color depending on the grade from red (low score), to orange, to yellow, to blue and finally to green (high score). Standard HTTP unencrypted connections will turn the URL bar icon gray.

This add-on was designed to more easily show the true security state of the connection so everyone can learn more about ciphers and encryption using SSL. Firefox currently shows a green URL tag for an extended validation (EV) or a blue URL tag for a domain validation (DV) certificate and a lock icon if the connection is SSL encrypted. We did not think this was enough information to decide if the connection to the site was truly secure. This is why the "Calomel SSL Validation" add-on was developed. We score the connection on the following items: if the certificate was valid, if the fully qualified host name is equal to the common name the certificate was registered for and the strength of the cipher and cipher key length.

Blackchildcx

But a search engine that tracks you is a good thing, it helps you get the results you are looking for not some random junk from the internet. And who says you can trust duckduckgo, duckduckgo? Google is a huge corporation which makes a lot of money from the data you entrust them with, so google is far more trustworthy because they have a reputation and a huge revenue to loose whereas duckduckgo has nothing to loose but a lot to win from abusing your data....

you must be crazy,bro... :lol:

Google is a huge corporation which makes a lot of money from the data you entrust them with, so google is far more trustworthy because they have a reputation and a huge revenue to loose

They make all that money by aggregating and selling data. Your data. Any information that passes through their network is worth nothing to them but how much they can make by selling it. They rely on people with blind faith in their supposed trustworthiness - like you, for instance - to make up their revenue stream.

According to Calomel SSL validation. DDG is blue, and StartPage is green

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/calomel-ssl-validation/

The "Calomel SSL Validation" add-on grades the SSL cipher strength of the current connection. Access to a detailed summery of the SSL negotiation is supplied by a toolbar button you can now place on any toolbar. The button also will change color depending on the grade from red (low score), to orange, to yellow, to blue and finally to green (high score). Standard HTTP unencrypted connections will turn the URL bar icon gray.

This add-on was designed to more easily show the true security state of the connection so everyone can learn more about ciphers and encryption using SSL. Firefox currently shows a green URL tag for an extended validation (EV) or a blue URL tag for a domain validation (DV) certificate and a lock icon if the connection is SSL encrypted. We did not think this was enough information to decide if the connection to the site was truly secure. This is why the "Calomel SSL Validation" add-on was developed. We score the connection on the following items: if the certificate was valid, if the fully qualified host name is equal to the common name the certificate was registered for and the strength of the cipher and cipher key length.

As our beloved nsane has none :unsure:

SnakeMasteR

I care about the search results. It's what I use a search engine for. I find that Google is still better at it.

Agree, it's pretty hard to use something new after you get used to something else for a long time and evolved with the results (and so the own way of searching for stuff), that is the main focus a search engine should have, i'm not too satisfied with those alternatives.

Google is a huge corporation which makes a lot of money from the data you entrust them with, so google is far more trustworthy because they have a reputation and a huge revenue to loose

They make all that money by aggregating and selling data. Your data. Any information that passes through their network is worth nothing to them but how much they can make by selling it. They rely on people with blind faith in their supposed trustworthiness - like you, for instance - to make up their revenue stream.

Google doesn't sell your data to a 3rd party, it uses the data to serve you targeted ads.