Report: Microsoft Working on Dual-Boot Windows, Android Smartphones

anuseems

Choosing between Android, iOS or Windows Phone is a difficult decision for any smartphone user but what if you had the option to pick two?

From The VAR Guy:

A recent article in The Times of India suggests that Microsoft (MSFT) is working with Karbonn Mobiles to launch the first dual-OS smartphones, which will allow users to simultaneously run Google (GOOG) Android and Windows Phone on the same device. Much like the option of being able to choose both soup and a sandwich at Panera Bread, Windows Phone users will have the opportunity to have their Windows Phone with a healthy side of Android to go along with it.

Karbonn Mobiles reportedly signed a licensing deal with Microsoft last week to begin manufacturing Windows phones, which will be integrated with the companys current lineup of Android devices to create a hybrid Windows-Android smartphone. According to the initial reports, the dual-OS phones arent expected to launch until this summer. The Times of India reports that the news came directly from Karbonn Mobiles chairman Sudhir Hasija; however, Microsoft has yet to make a formal announcement as to the release of the dual-OS phones coming to market, and no information about pricing is available.

http://thevarguy.com/business-smartphone-and-tablet-technology-solutions/030314/dual-boot-smartphones-will-run-android-and-windo

Edited by anuseems

• Replies 1
  • Views 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anuseems

• geeteam

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this yesterday, but didn't know MS has got something to do with it. Basically I wouldn't say it's a nice initiative or not but I don't see a reason why I should consider a windows device which runs Android or than purchasing an Android phone it self. But let's see how it goes... Anyway thanks for sharing...