• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bruinator

• AlexCross

• mike.mt

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Faulty image, try to burn on the dvd, or if you use a usb, another Windows image.

Edited by AlexCross

Right now when there is no DVD in my drive and there is no OS on my system my bios looks like the following:

---> UEFI boot sources
.......Legacy boot sources
--------ATAPi cd-rom
--------USB FLOPPY/CD
-----------ATAPI cd-rom
-----hard drive
-----------sata1
-----Network controller (atheros boot agent)

When I put win 8.1 install cd I get:

---> UEFI boot sources
-----------uefi: hp dvd a dh16absh
.......Legacy boot sources
--------ATAPi cd-rom
-----------ATAPI cd-rom
-----hard drive
-----------sata1
-----Network controller (atheros boot agent)

When I try an install win 8.1 without any BIOS changes i get to the point where it says "copying windows files (0%)".
It stays that way for an hour without getting to 1%. Usually when i install this OS it goes to 1% almost instantly.
When I select "uefi: hp a dh16absh" it will do the same thing.

When i select ATAPi cd-rom and select the partition i want to put OS on it says "windows can not be installed to the disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style.

When i select uefi and hit esc to boot using defaults it stays at 0% without any incriments. Which i assume is ignoring using esc to boot to defaults.

Plz help. thx

When i select ATAPi cd-rom and select the partition i want to put OS on it says "windows can not be installed to the disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style.

When i select uefi and hit esc to boot using defaults it stays at 0% without any incriments. Which i assume is ignoring using esc to boot to defaults.

Plz help. thx

Did the HP previously have Win 8.1 pro on there or another OS / Retail / Volume version?

You may find this assists http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn336946.aspx Windows Setup: Installing using the MBR or GPT partition style

PS.. Is this at all related to the Acronis image restore query??

Edited by mike.mt

when i did the image it was last wednesday. On Sat, my keyboard died so i had to replace it. I did the resore today it came back saying successful. Then when my PC boots up it asks me to choose your keyboard layout with options usa, arabian, arabic 101 or 102 or 103, armenian and a few more "a" options. I click on usa and then it says choose options of:

continue (exit and continue to win 8.1)
use a device (use a usb drive, network connection, or windows recovery cd)
troubleshoot (refresh or reset your pc, or use advanced tools)
turn off your pc

i select continue and it reboots. window pops up and says PC ran into a problem and needs to reboot and keeps on repeating these steps.I selected troubleshoot, then trying to refresh without losing data for now. It is at 95% right now. It it was stuck there for an hour so I rebooted it. This time i tried to reset while deleting my programs and apps setting it back to default. Was running fine until 97% and is stuck there again.

What could be causing this? Is there anything else i can do? Could it be stuck there because there was a different keyboard? If so, should i try restoring it with the previous keyboard? Help would be much appreciated.

thx

Edited by bruinator