The End Of Mcafee...

anuseems

The end of McAfee... as we know it.

Intel CEO Brian Krzanich announced at CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas the end of McAfee Security brand.

John McAfee said:

I've been begging them to drop the brand or fix the product

Last June, McAfee appeared in a profanity-laced video attacking the quality of the software produced by the company, which he founded in the late 1980s. He said he frequently gets emails from customers who complain that it degrades the performance of their computers and is difficult to remove.

Intel has repeatedly said the attacks on the quality of its software are "ludicrous" and without merit.

John McAfee said:

I'm sorry that the software has my name.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/07/us-ces-intel-mcafee-idUSBREA060YM20140107

Edited by anuseems

• Replies 14
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlexCross

• geeteam

• 212eta

• iih1

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackchildcx

He was one of the first ( or the first) AV developer worldwide , so this times are gone....Never ever use McAfee to protect yourself...Wack Sh.T...4real! :shit: :thumbsdown:

Edited by Blackchildcx

The end of McAfee... as we know it.

Intel CEO Brian Krzanich announced at CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas the end of McAfee Security brand.

John McAfee said:

I've been begging them to drop the brand or fix the product

Last June, McAfee appeared in a profanity-laced video attacking the quality of the software produced by the company, which he founded in the late 1980s. He said he frequently gets emails from customers who complain that it degrades the performance of their computers and is difficult to remove.

Intel has repeatedly said the attacks on the quality of its software are "ludicrous" and without merit.

John McAfee said:

I'm sorry that the software has my name.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/07/us-ces-intel-mcafee-idUSBREA060YM20140107

and the software is sorry it has jon's last name

Airstream_Bill

Glad that product is is going to be History. Yuck!

Lesson to learn : don't put your name in a product if you plan to sell it for a handsome profit later. :p

that a.hole has serious issues and so does his software. it's not an antivirus, it's more like a goddamned virus magnet.

good riddance to bad rubbish - both of them!

I don't really use McAfee, as it comes pre-installed on our Pc's. I can't believe they are saying goodbye to it. I understood an android version appeared on the play store last week. Hopefully they are not saying goodbye to Android versions as well. (I haven't tried it though).... Thanks for sharing...

McAfee Security 558503_rip1.gif

Edited by iih1

I don't really use McAfee, as it comes pre-installed on our Pc's. I can't believe they are saying goodbye to it. I understood an android version appeared on the play store last week. Hopefully they are not saying goodbye to Android versions as well. (I haven't tried it though).... Thanks for sharing...

My PC didn't came with McAfee pre-installed, it came with Mandriva as OS. The android version is old, I used it 4-5 months ago, so it's not so new to google play.

My PC didn't came with McAfee pre-installed, it came with Mandriva as OS. The android version is old, I used it 4-5 months ago, so it's not so new to google play.

Oh I see. Just saw it an update 2 days ago, but i actually recall the brand but some had McAfee pre-installed out of the box