WhatsApp stands up to Viber and Skype – voice communication set to arrive soon

Matt

• Administrator

WhatsApp stands up to Viber and Skype – voice communication set to arrive soon

Users of WhatsApp, one of the most popular messengers, will be delighted to know that a voice communication feature will be implemented into their favorite app relatively soon. Jan Koum, the CEO of the recently-acquired-by-Facebook-for-$16-billion WhatsApp, confirmed this at the MWC in Barcelona.

Users of the popular messenger that use iOS and Android devices will get the voice communication feature first, but the Windows Phone and the BlackBerry versions of the app will follow shortly. However, it is yet unclear if calls in WhatsApp will be free, like in Viber, or with some kind of monthly subscription.

WhatsApp experienced some serious issues with its servers a couple of days ago, which led to a long outage, but everything is back to normal now. However, many users waved "Goodbye!" to WhatsApp and switched to rival messengers, such as Telegram.

Download: WhatsApp Messenger (iOS | Android | Windows Phone | BlackBerry)

source

• Replies 4
  • Views 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt

• anuseems

• House_maniac

• geeteam

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehehe, funny enough. WhatsApp will now support voip, don't know where they to. The next thing you will hear is video calling support and it will be available for premium users only. They are gonna screw it up just like how MS screwed Skype. Good luck to those who are still on. No more WhatsApp for me.

• Administrator

Hehehe, funny enough. WhatsApp will now support voip, don't know where they to. The next thing you will hear is video calling support and it will be available for premium users only. They are gonna screw it up just like how MS screwed Skype. Good luck to those who are still on. No more WhatsApp for me.

yeah funny enough I believe who made Whatsapp now will just enjoy his life time with FFB money :).

sincerely i prefer viber its modern the interface is userfriendly watsapp looks old which that greenish interface xD