dBpoweramp Music Converter R15

jalaffa

TheEmpathicEar

...snip...

He gave up on supporting dBpoweramp CD Writer, probably because everything about it was too slow.

...snip...

Could you explain this a little more?

• Replies 39
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEmpathicEar

• jalaffa

• oliverjia

• Fallon

The author makes no secret of it:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/cdwriter.htm

(...) CD Writer is now effectively unsupported. (...)

(...) CD Writer is not compatible with the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp. (...)

If you compare the conversion and burning speed of dBpoweramp CD Writer with for example EZ CD Audio Converter, you will notice that EZ CD is (much) faster.

dbPoweramp is unparalleled for conversion, if you want many options.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/spoons-audio-guide.htm <Spoons Audio Guide

But let's say that you want to rip and convert smoothly, just with popular (lossless) codecs.

Then free CUETools can do the same job with less bells and whistles. A matter of taste.

(Just my opinion of course).

Edited by Fallon

Don't care... never used the CD writer.

I burn with Nero @ 4x...slower is better; write speed issue is mute.

Exactly.

I've never used the CD Writer either and is not necessary in the package.

The power of this great application is in the excellent ripping and conversion capabilities.

Btw, in dBpoweramp 15 the part concerning 'Album art and AccurateRip check' (and 'Remove duplicate tracks) is made into a separate app, called 'PerfectTUNES', which has its own Registered version now.
http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/205827-illustrate-perfecttunes-v10/?hl=%2Bperfecttunes#entry736693

Edited by Fallon

Dr. Eset - NSANE

Thanks for the update :win:

The author makes no secret of it:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/cdwriter.htm

(...) CD Writer is now effectively unsupported. (...)

(...) CD Writer is not compatible with the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp. (...)

If you compare the conversion and burning speed of dBpoweramp CD Writer with for example EZ CD Audio Converter, you will notice that EZ CD is (much) faster.

dbPoweramp is unparalleled for conversion, if you want many options.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/spoons-audio-guide.htm <Spoons Audio Guide

But let's say that you want to rip and convert smoothly, just with popular (lossless) codecs.

Then free CUETools can do the same job with less bells and whistles. A matter of taste.

(Just my opinion of course).

It use to be unparalleled for conversion , tell a open source program called TAudioConverter was invented witch has x64 version for a long time now , it can do any conversian dBpoweramp can do and more just as fast with out the need of installing codec, only codec you need for it is Nero AAC, because there not alowed to make it with it in it. Its a %100 Free program , I stop useing dBp when I found TAC.

Edited by steven36

Thanks.

I believe dBpoweramp is still gold. Sorry, but TAudioConverter does not even compare.

Reasons:

1) Shell Integration is way powerful. Example, the confirmation dialog when attempting to "Permanently delete" a video or audio file contains media information. Of course, right click properties has its own sheet.

2) Go to Start Menu - dBPAmp - Configuration ... select Music Converter tab and enable "Enable Profiles in Converter" - for the single most useful feature ever! You can craft your own default conversion processes with your own fully customized steps to build one bespoke master conversion process. Yeah baby, that's why "power" is in the title. This allowed me to define my own order of sequence to always ... [a] ID tag process to remove ID3 tags that I never want a file to contain, use a customized lame.exe with custom settings (by adding the "CLI Encoder"), and then [c] preserve source file date stamps. I saved the profile and then used a modified version of it to create another profile to have two converters, one for VBR and one for Insane. Both are available from the right click "Convert" of for example any FLAC file. Nice, I don't have to create those setups ever again.

3) As you can add your OWN encoders using the "CLI Encoder", then there is nothing that will be faster than this because this wraps whatever speedy converter that you will ever find. The other tools heavily limit the use of the built in codecs. Oh and this tool will automatically use available multiple core processes with all codecs.

Conclusion, these are the tasks that ***SEPARATE*** tools for basic audio should provide...

1) Ripping a CD to lossless Wave/FLAC file

2) Visually displaying file spectrum (to compare quality of recordings)

3) Converting from file to something else (mp3, mp4, aac)

4) Handling ID Tags

5) Handling Artwork

6) Playback of music

In my experience, to get the most awesome powerful toolbox collection, you must *aim* to find a tool that does ONE of the above tasks brilliantly. If you try to find a tool that for example, does artwork, tagging and ripping... then it will fail compared to a tool that *concentrates* on one function really, really well!

Edited by BEngEE