LastPass Password Manager 3.1.0

jalaffa

LastPass is an online password manager that automatically fills in saved logins and forms with the click of a button. This handy little Web freeware and browser plug-in also syncs your data to any computer you use regularly. With LastPass you won't need to remember passwords anymore. You can easily log into your websites with a single click of your mouse. You can set up multiple 'profiles' and automatically fill your personal information into web forms accurately and safely. It protects against identity theft by keeping sensitive data encrypted on your PC. Your LastPass vault isn't limited to only securely storing usernames and passwords, any confidential text data can be placed in your vault for safe keeping.

Thanks to kn_andre for the update.

Download

• Replies 17
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Therru

• jalaffa

• Sonar

• jackieo

Top Posters In This Topic

Really what sort of assclown is going to trust their passwords to LastPass which has been hacked many times and their users passwords stolen

You'd have to be a tinfoil hat wearing, pyjamas in public wearing, teddy bear carrying, screaming at lamposts, drooling fricking looney

Really what sort of assclown is going to trust their passwords to LastPass which has been hacked many times and their users passwords stolen

You'd have to be a tinfoil hat wearing, pyjamas in public wearing, teddy bear carrying, screaming at lamposts, drooling fricking looney

same with any password manager... but tell me how to remember 300+ random logins? + the 50 odd random email accounts that deal with all my logins?

Just updated LastPass, I right clicked the LastPass Add-on in Firefox, it downloaded the newest version but version number stays at 3.0.12. I restarted Firefox also, no luck.

Looks like if you're using Add-on and not .exe file it gives you version 3.0.12. I manually downloaded this Add-on from the LastPass homepage. No new version 3.1.0.

:doh: Nobody's hacked LastPass. One time, they've found some suspicious activity on their servers - hack or not - they immediately reset user passwords. Vault with passwords is encrypted and decrypted localy with 256-bit AES, one-way salted hashes, and PBKDF2 iterations. Add multifactor authentication (many, many options to choose) and you are pretty safe I think. Good luck with hack it. Even if you do somehow, try to decrypt stolen vaults (anwser is: LOL).

Edited by silencer

I just use notepad and have a text file- no nonsense and no fear of corrupted application

as for password creation i suggest using Gibson's Password Generator page have a look! :)

https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

using a note pad file isn't safe.... remember formatting a pc doesn't wipe that file 100% - that file can be pulled back with third party tools (no encryption?)

if a burglar breaks into your house - steals you comp....

notepad = key loggers paradise :P

Edited by Sonar

I just use notepad and have a text file- no nonsense and no fear of corrupted application

as for password creation i suggest using Gibson's Password Generator page have a look! :)

https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

using a note pad file isn't safe.... remember formatting a pc doesn't wipe that file 100% - that file can be pulled back with third party tools (no encryption?)

if a burglar breaks into your house - steals you comp....

notepad = key loggers paradise :P

good point! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...