Grab your Windows 7 licenses while you can: End of sales begins October 31, 2014

anuseems

If you are a Windows user who does not like Windows 8 for one reason or the other but decided to buy a new PC, it is likely that you picked Windows 7 as your operating system of choice for it

From gHacks.net:

Microsoft lists October 31, 2014 as the end of sales for Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 7 Ultimate.

The version missing? Windows 7 Professional. No date has been given yet, but Microsoft noted on the page that it will give one year of notice prior to the end of sales date for that operation system. This means that Windows 7 Professional will continue to be distributed to OEMs and retailers until at least February 2015.

http://www.ghacks.net/2014/02/17/grab-windows-7-licenses-can-end-sales-begins-october-31-2014/

Edited by anuseems

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ffi

• Paft

• FreeRyde

• MidnightDistortions

just use win8 and spend that $1 on startisback

To quote Revelations 6:8 from the KJB (which is quite unusual for an atheist, i dont mind telling you)

"And I looked, and behold a pale approximation of an operating system: and his name that showed on thy bootscreen was Windows 8, and Windows Vista followed with him."

And my addition:

And God spoke unto me, "not even thine copy of StartIsBack can undo the unspeakable evils that hideth beneath thine operating systems skin."

Which i interpret as "Even with the addition of a superficial app/shell like StartIsBack, you still cant polish a turd"

Edited by stylemessiah

Which i interpret as "Even with the addition of a superficial app/shell like StartIsBack, you still cant polish a turd"

Your post made me smile but I disagree. Metro sucks on non-touch displays and you can't avoid metro completely in win8 but you rarely have to visit it but win8 also have many nice performance (a big big improvement if you have an ssd) and ui improvements (like the ribbon in explorer)

"Even with the addition of a superficial app/shell like StartIsBack, you still cant polish a turd"

I know what you are saying, except that Mythbusters proved that you can polish a turd :s

Good read thanks for share. No OS is not without faults its what you can deal with.

MidnightDistortions

Nope i'll just buy Linux..

Oh wait it's free!!!

I'd rather pay for quality which is W7.

totaly satisfied by win 8.1..

much improvements

my workflows even better

I lile win 8.1 on my non touch device also!

Got anything more than that? The second link was posted before the RTM.

Granted I am not on 8 now, but when I tried out the RTM it installed and everything ran seamlessly. The only reason I didn't stay on it is because at the time there were no dark themes. When I next need a clean install of Win I'll go 8.1. I hear BF4 runs somewhat better on 8.1..not that I play it.

I'm not a MS or 8 fanboy or anything, I just haven't come across issues. Most of them are shadowed by the common and understandable UI hate.

Edited by Paft

when it comes to Win8 I think that this phrase is very appropriate - Easy come easy go!.... As you may know Win9 will be relased on December 2014, probably an year later the Win8 support will end as well (devil)