Xbox One February update is now starting to roll out

Sonar

Xbox One February update is now starting to roll out

12526948785_31e818b15a.jpg

As I noted in my blog post about the December system update, we’ve changed the way these work on Xbox One to reduce the impact on our customers. For the vast majority of Xbox One owners who use “Instant On” (the low power state that allows you to instantly power up your console by saying “Xbox On”), the console automatically checks for updates when customers turn it off. This means now that we’ve made the February update available, the next time you turn your console off it will take the update during off-peak hours in your local time. All that to say, never fear you’ll see it sometime over the weekend. As a reminder, here are some of the features you’ll see in this update:

• The ability to see and manage your storage space. With this update, you will find it easy to find how much space your content takes up and better manage your content. You can also control your install lineup and more easily manage your download queue. We’ve separated My Games and My Apps into separate lists, so you can easily create separate queues for both. Now you can pick the order in which you want your content to load and we’ve added a boot progress indicator so you can better track updates while they load.
  • The battery power indicator is back! You can see it right on the home screen, so you can easily track how much battery life is left on your controller.
  • And, you will be able to use your USB keyboard with your Xbox One.

Thanks!

Tip: Once you get the update, you can press the Xbox button to see the battery indicator on screen in the lower right next to the clock.

Xbox One By Larry Hryb, Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson

permalink: http://majornelson.com/2014/02/14/xbox-one-february-update-is-now-starting-to-roll-out/

UPDATE INCLUDES -> CHECK HERE

My ladder I had to climb

DOWNLOADED THE UPDATE

I didnt get an option of YES/NO - it just started without me doing anything after shutting the xbox off/on.

battery icon only apeers when you press the middle button along with the time (would of liked it to notice my controller all the time) on screen.

messed up my COD Ghosts install - forever sayin stoped install (even though it was installed & working) - uninstalling & reinstalling corrected this.

menus are faster, some minor tweaks that seem to work fine my side.

edit

tech news or tech talk - haha dunno which one this is meant to be in :P

Edited by Sonar

• Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sonar

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic