• Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FukenGruven

• Pete 12

• StarshipSpaceX

• kn_andre

FYI: it's possible to extract BurningROM & Express into it's own PortableApp/Micro/Lite/etc... i've been doing it for the past few years.. although i don't like to.. it entails much more work.. but is possible.

Could you please share the tutorial to extract BurningROM & Express into it's own PortableApp/Micro/Lite/etc?

For Micro.. take a look here.

For Portable .. take a look here.

Both versions.. you can download & examine for guidance..

all of my Portables come with the source.. (best learning tool)

Hi FukenGruven, is there a micro-version of the newest Burning Rom available somehow, I have now the trial installed,only Burning Rom, with a "SharedVideoCodecs"-folder ( in the Common-Files,Nero) about 27Mb.

Nero works exellent,only wondering if I could remove this codec-folder in a safe way, so still possible to burn with Burning Rom.

Do we need these codecs,and why not remove them??

Hope you have a good solution for my question,because this Nero still very big,and could be smaller.

it is not better we have one topic for all nero stuff with fist post link to latest version ( portable lite micro etc.. ) ?

it become so hard to hunt for latest version just by search

Hi FukenGruven, is there a micro-version of the newest Burning Rom available somehow, I have now the trial installed,only Burning Rom, with a "SharedVideoCodecs"-folder ( in the Common-Files,Nero) about 27Mb.

Nero works exellent,only wondering if I could remove this codec-folder in a safe way, so still possible to burn with Burning Rom.

Do we need these codecs,and why not remove them??

Hope you have a good solution for my question,because this Nero still very big,and could be smaller.

in reality. . you can strip anything you want..

it all depends on your needs..

i publish my apps to the general public..

so i have to be mindful of the general consensus..

the codecs are used for audio/video conversions so Nero can burn to CD/DVD..

Edited by FukenGruven

thx FukenGruven , yes, I will not remove this "SharedVideoCodecs" from Nero, maybe need them someday!!

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to see what version of Nero 2014 Platinum is actually installed?
Nero ControlCenter only seems to tell me that it's installed and the serial number.....but not the version number

Any help appreciated

Thx