‘Snowden’s Asylum May be Extended by Russia’

Turk

By Michael J de la Merced Jan 26, 2014, 06.18 AM IST

DAVOS (Switzerland): Russia plans to extend its offer of asylum to Edward J Snowden beyond August, a Russian lawmaker said on Friday at the WEF here. The lawmaker, Aleksei K Pushkov, chairman of the foreign affairs committee in Russia's lower house of parliament, hinted during a panel discussion that the extension of temporary refugee status for Snowden, the former National Security Agency contractor, might be indefinite. "He will not be sent out of Russia," Pushkov said. "It will be up to Snowden."

He added that Snowden's father believes his son could not get a fair trial in the United States. Pushkov made his comments came against a backdrop of broad criticism of the American spying programs that have come to light since the summer. He pointed to the sheer volume of information that American authorities are able to gather.

"The US has created a Big Brother system," Pushkov said.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/europe/Snowdens-asylum-may-be-extended-by-Russia/articleshow/29384008.cms

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kn_andre

• AlexCross

• 212eta

• STEEL

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it, so Snowden made public some documents that attests that an agency broke the human rights and he is the one that is send in front of a judge? Where is the police? Why the enployees of that agency aren't arrested by breaking the rules? You, americans pay them to protect you, and they do what? Break into your private space and try to bring down the one that had the courage to expose them.

Damn, this nation is so indoctrinated that I don't see any solution for it.

Edited by AlexCross

I don't get it, so Snowden made public some documents that attests that an agency broke the human rights and he is the one that is send in front of a judge? Where is the police? Why the enployees of that agency aren't arrested by breaking the rules? You, americans pay them to protect you, and they do what? Break into your private space and try to bring down the one that had the courage to expose them.

Damn, this nation is so indoctrinated that I don't see any solution for it.

" DemoCrazy " at its Best !!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P ... Cheers

I really wonder what the Russians asked, ask, and will ask

in return for letting Snowden stay... :think:

Russia will ask what anyone would ask. Everything he knows. The US are ready to hang him as soon as he put his feet on their territory, so yes, Snowden will probably do anything for his life. And maybe this is good, It's an injustice to what is happening in the US, and everybody needs to know what rules NSA broke. You can't give or sell you moral rights, this is for what humans fought for, for thousands of years. So NSA or whoever stole the privacy of bilions of people, need to pay for their actions.

Why NSA didn't stop the Boston marathon terrorists? This is just an example that even with all the data they collected, that data is useless because in real life they still can't prevent anything to happen.

Ps. I heard that the 2 brothers were let to stay in US even after the country from where they come from warned US that they are suspected of terrorism activities.

Edited by AlexCross

Man, all I whant is AREA 51,s Secrets :rolleyes:

This is the spying program he was involved with and not the archived data file system of the gov't.

Bradley "Cheska" Manning did that for you already. :yes:

Don't worry your secrets is all out in the form of TV series, animation and movies. :yes: