ESET v4 Fixes

shought

for the buisiness edition do u still have to use fixes like nodlogin ?

Yes, NodLogin 10C works on all flavors of V2, V3 as well as V4.

It does not.

Dutch versions past 4.0.424 still don't work.

I was referring to all flavors of versions (not languages.) :)

It's a pity about your Dutch version, :o though (hope you find some solution.)

@dcs18 :

All fixes here are working fine:- NodEnabler 3.4 (with some minor poblem) - (Download :-Page 58, Comment 1101 = This Topic), NodLogin 10c, MinodLogin 3.7.0.2 and finally the BoxMara.fix 1.3 .

I prefer the 1st 3.

Your observation matches mine (not tried MinodLogin, though since 2 months.) I, personally prefer these three. Shall tryout the latest NodEnabler 3.4.1 once more to check whether it delivers me 'retail' or 'trial' licenses. Thanks to you and kotaXor for the updates. :)

BTW, have been checking the mara- fix on a number of systems that I maintain and find that it's a maintenance-free fix to install on such systems where it's difficult for me to visit personally (due to the distance & time factors) just to keep upgrading versions of other fixes every now and then. So, 17 systems that belong to Customers are going to be fixed with the mara- fix. On my own system, I would be rotating NodLogin, NodEnabler and MinodLogin.

• Replies 2k
  • Views 207.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for info:

For those who are thinking of using MiNodlogin...

3.7.5.1 is working fine with the latest EAV on Windows 7 Ultimate.;)

• 2 weeks later...

I think there will be problems with ESET v.4.2.22.0 and some fixes ---» NodLogin 10c ...OK!

Tested on WinXP Pro (32bits) and ESS 4.2.22.0 Beta.

mara :- Check your Fix, (delete previous inserted Username and Password during installation).Eset calls Box,Mara Fix 1.3 a Trojan ! Also some talk about the Firewall, but could update.--» ( " Failed to read firewall configuration " )

NodEnabler and MinodLogin ----» FAIL to Update !

Cheers

Jofre

I just checked, applied fine. I had trouble with converting to trial. It downloaded 20MB from servers, but on applying it failed. Probably a bug, since this version slowed my startup in VMWare very much. Everything is blocked on every startup about 1 min or more. After that, I downloaded latest trial definitions with NOD Update Viewer and I successfully converted to trial. Will see what happens in next few days. But, I think it'll work fine. BTW, it didn't detect fix as a trojan here.

Cheers ;)

BTW, it didn't detect fix as a trojan here.

Cheers ;)

----------------------------------------

Maybe because you are testing the "AV" and I am testing the "ESS" (?) ( Some issue with the Firewall ). Also tried ESS with included Username and Password ( no fix ) and all was fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Threat found

ALERT

Object:

C:documents and settings\Desktop\Eset box,mara...\Eset fix.exe

Threat:

Win32/shutdowner.NAL Trojan

Comment:

Event ocurred on a new file createdby the application C:\Program Files\Winrar\Winrar.exe.

---------------------

and... Failed to read firewall configuration.

Cheers

The difference is that jofre selected 'Detect Potentially Unwanted Applications' and mara- did not ;)

ESET(both EAV and ESS) have always detected the box, mara-fix as a Potentially Unwanted Application, so nothing to worry about :)

Shall tryout the latest NodEnabler 3.4.1 once more to check whether it delivers me 'retail' or 'trial' licenses.

NodEnabler 3.4.1 has been performing great. I've been receiving retail licenses (no more trial.) It has also emerged as one of the most configurable among fixes.

Guess staying with 4.0.474.0 is the best solution now.

--------------------------------------------------

The best solution, Yes !

I was just testing...No intention to keep the beta version.

Happy Christmas ! :xmas:

I unistalled mara-fix and ESS. Then I installed the new beta ESS and I still get the screen about reset.exe

Any ideas how to remove it?

Is it ok to just delete all the enries from registry?

It would be good idea to use box, mara- fix, not just mine fix which is outdated. My recommendation is that you also don't use beta versions of any security software.

Cheers ;)

Well, did you use mara- fix before, because reset.exe is not part of box, mara- fix. I think it was used in just mine fix, so you can get rid of that reset.exe.

Cheers ;)

@mara-

i did exclude the reset.exe from eset scan before, if this thing was not being use by box,mara-1.3fix then i need to get rid of it

thanks

@ilegalec

look and delete reset.exe located in c:windows/

hi all. i installed box mara fix v1.3 and i have eset nod32 v4.0.474.0 installed as well. however i cant seem to update. my current virus signature is 4677 (20091210) but when i clicked update it mentioned 'Update of the virus signature database is not necessary. The installed virus signature database is current.". However i checked the web the current virus signature database should be 4743 (20100104).

pls help if anyone knows what's the problem. thanks.

ps. i'm using windows 7 ultimate x64. i don't have this problem previously.

• Administrator

@Archaven: You are not the only one. I'm havin the same from 3 days. ;)

But if you are tryin to get update for the first time. 10-15 times of update clicks may help. ;)

No problems experienced here (as of yet) using box, mara-fix 1.3.

But I assume by now we all know the drill? Just wait a few days and it'll be over ;)

thanks all for the replies.. thought i was the only one..

well i just kept on spamming it till it works... =.=

I was on 7470 just now, and i noticed it was 2 days old.

All i had to do was do a manual update and it went to 7475, which is the current one.

No harm on being delayed if we getting a good program for free.

• Administrator

Update: I've successfully manually updated ESET NOD32 to 4746.

Archived