Skype 6.13.0.104

anuraag

Skype is a little piece of software that lets you make free calls to anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world. And even though the calls are free, they are really excellent quality. If you and your friends, family or business contacts are using webcams, you can also make free video calls. You can even call landlines and mobile phones at really cheap per minute rates (and there's no setup or subscription fee).

Thanks to Engh3. for the update.

Download

• Replies 24
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blstr

• fretless

• pyrapurcell

• ImtheBest

I wonder if the logfile-related 99% CPU loading problem is finally fixed in this build or not...

Lets see! Thx. (hoping for a detailed changelog)

Edited by blstr

I wonder if the logfile-related 99% CPU loading problem is finally fixed in this build or not...

Lets see! Thx. (hoping for a detailed changelog)

I hope that annoying bug is solved, anyway there is a way to solve it manually, just go to settings and set logs to 2 weeks or just disable.

why this discordance of version builds?my version is:

BTK9GB1.jpg

Softexia version is

your version is:

i've installed your version first and my build became

after,i've installed Softexia version,and my build became

why?what is the correct build?

Edited by fretless

@fretless: I'm not quite sure, but the newer version's digital signature is also newer, so 6.13.73.104 is definitely the most fresh one. (probably some silent bugfix after releasing .0.104?)

Btw, changelog for the latest version is now out:

Change: Enhanced stability during group video call

Change: Enhanced stability in High DPI mode

Fixed: High processor usage with Chrome as default browser

Fixed: Skype lagging after update

Links:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/6-13-Quality-and-stability-improvements/td-p/2873835

http://blogs.skype.com/2014/01/22/giving-your-computer-a-break-with-skype-for-windows-desktop-6-13/

@blstr

no,every time when new Skype build is coming out,Softexia version and Nsane version are different.

all the times!

this isn't the first time that i've notice that.

why?

when the next build of Skype will be released,i'll prove once again that the two versions will be different

blstr.try to install the version fron Nsane,and your build will be 6.13.0.104

after,install Softexia build from Softexia download page,and you build will be 6.13.73.104

Edited by fretless

You're right, thinkin' about it a bit more I've also noticed this multiple version phenomenon a couple of months ago...

After some study here's the deal:

The number at the 3 position in the version number of Skype (e.g. 6.13.73.104) just indicates a sub-version provided in different regions of the world. So the last basic (standard) version at the moment is 6.13.0.104.

However, a version number with .32 at the 3 position (i.e. 6.13.32.106) would indicate that this is the so-called business version without Facebook integration, while 6.13.73.106 we are talking about is a special version provided for users migrating to Skype from Windows Live Messenger. Installer with this version number removes Messenger from the computer on the installation of Skype.

Edit: after even more study & testing:

• the .73 one logs you out of Skype & forgets every saved password even when simply upgrading the existing instance of Skype, while the default one doesn't have such a behaviour
  • the .0 default one has some implemented "BingChecker" function (BingChecker.BING_CHECKER), we can just guess what is it for...

See the image below (.73 [msn migrating version] versus .0 [default]):

skype_analyze.png

Edited by blstr

I've also seen the version number 6.13.99.104, what's the difference between the .0 and .99 builds?

Where ? Please post the download link :)

On CNET is v6.13.32.104 dated today Jan 23, 2014 :)

WTF !!! Which is the correct version ?

Edited by TestPoint

I've also seen the version number 6.13.99.104, what's the difference between the .0 and .99 builds?

Where ? Please post the download link :)

On CNET is v6.13.32.104 dated today Jan 23, 2014 :)

WTF !!! Which is the correct version ?