AxCrypt 1.7.3153.0

anuraag

AxCrypt is a free, easy to use and open source file encryption tool for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7 integrated into Windows Explorer. Encrypt, compress, decrypt, wipe, view and edit with a few mouse clicks. Cryptographic primitives are AES-128 and SHA-1. No configuration is necessary for AxCrypt just download it, run the installer and it's ready to go.

Download

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anuraag

• nanana1

• oliverjia

• kn_andre

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for update -- I haven't tried this new version yet, but have been having problems with Axcrypt and Win 8. Anyone else? It installs ok, but once i've done a first re-boot after install, all I get is an error prompt with something about "elevated permissions". I've checked off whatever 'security' tab options are available for the software, so I can't figure what permission needs adjustment. Any of you find this sort of difficulty with this on Win 8? I like to figure it out, I've always liked this little program.

Many thanks for the update. The previous version has been excellent for all Win Xp / 7 workstations. I look forward to trying this.