How to Download Windows Updates Manually

knowledge-Spammer

knowledge-Spammer

How to Download Windows Updates Manually

Have you ever want to download windows updates manually? well heres is one of the best ways to do just that, it will save you time when installing your operating system, and if your a computer tech like me, its great for slipstreaming these windows security updates and services packs into your Windows CD.

In thios video I will show you how.

The program is called Windows Update Downloader, its got a simple user interface that lets you quickly and efficiently download all of the Windows Updates for your version of Windows in your language.

You can then either install the updates, slipstream them to an existing Windows source, use them for network installations or on computer who are not connected to the internet. You can even collect them to store them for achival purposes.

You can get the program from the link below.
http://www.windowsupdatesdownloader.com/

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wazzbler

• jackieo

• knowledge-Spammer

• aopsiblai

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used Autopatcher to do all my offline updates when I re-install windows -

I like this alot! one thing though? I dont see thst it will install all updates like autopatcher does?

I would have to go into documents folder, and manually run each and every update, which is labor intensive!

so in that aspect, Autopatcher wins, ( I dont make slipstream cd's)

However! and im guessing here-

I'm thinking that these updates are current more than Autopatcher, because autopatcher guys lag behind the update release-period a bit...

and, this may be helpful as well, he did not point this out in the video, by default it is set to check for betas!

you may not always want beta updates ! heads up! :)

zqnh7XI.png

Another relatively new programme I found is called Portable Update.

For probably over a decade I used Autopatcher, but started looking for an alternative as Autopatcher doesn't (didn't?) have the ability to update MS office 2010. I also tried Windows Update Downloader and a few others. I eventually tried Portable Update, and after learning the initial process to use it, have made it my standard update tool. I certainly prefer this to other programmes I have tried, although it does have one drawback that I haven't yet resolved:

I find that although all the required updates have been downloaded to the programmes cache folder, that I still need to connect to the internet the first time I run it before it will allow me to proceed with fully updating my computers. If I don't do the initial search for updates, very few updates appear in the list of those to install, but I am sure there is probably a way around this.

I also had found a programme (possibly on the site My Digital Life) that enabled me to convert my existing downloaded Autopatcher updates to the Portable Updater 'format" so I didn't have to download all the hundreds of hotfixes again.

Details of the programme can be found at http://www.portableupdate.com/

Edited by Wazzbler