Spy Sweeper Problem

Nemesis

ever since I installed SpySweeper and ran it. my homepage keeps switching to the "defaut" homepage even when I change it manally. As soon as i exit the control interface it switches back

... can anyone help???

ps.... I am 16 and my dad is very strict about installing programs but he trusted me with this one because it looked good. if I cant figure this out he will be pissed!!!!!!!

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ever since I installed SpySweeper and ran it. my homepage keeps switching to the "defaut" homepage even when I change it manally. As soon as i exit the control interface it switches back

... can anyone help???

ps.... I am 16 and my dad is very strict about installing programs but he trusted me with this one because it looked good. if I cant figure this out he will be pissed!!!!!!!

in spysweeper go to "shields" you will see "internet explorer shields" then "ie hyjack shield" under it. uncheck and then change your ei hamepage. then click shield back on. that should fix it.

i disabled all those 'shields' and only use it for the actual scanning. nod32 has spyware detection now, so there's no real reason to leave spysweeper open all the time :rolleyes:

• Administrator

But spysweepers detection is prolly better than NOD's at spyware. NOD32 doesnt have many spyware signitures (yet atleast).

Archived