cFosSpeed 9.05 Build 2091 Beta

anuraag

cFosSpeed is a network driver, which attaches itself to existing Internet connections. It then optimizes data transfer by means of Traffic Shaping. Traffic Shaping is a method for optimizing the Internet traffic. It allows maximum speed while ensuring minimal Ping. You can use cFosSpeed with a router and/or a DSL-modem or cable-modem. You can also use cFosSpeed with other types of Internet access, ie. whenever you already have an existing Internet connection. cFosSpeed supports a wide variety of connections, like DSL, cable, ISDN, UMTS, etc.

Download

• Replies 8
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreenMan

• anuraag

• jackieo

• Yorel

Top Posters In This Topic

It works. How much depends on situation. Can not show you any bechmarks, but it works. As an example I've had torrents running alongside me playing without noticing, because cfosspeed ensures ping for what I want. It's good :)

Same here. I can be torrenting at full speed and playing WoW with a low ping and no hiccups.

Dr. Eset - NSANE

Thanks for the beta update :D

Is the trial reset working with the latest betas?

Yes, it is working fine with 2091 :)

does this really work? has anyone at Nsane benched this ?

It works. How much depends on situation. Can not show you any bechmarks, but it works. As an example I've had torrents running alongside me playing without noticing, because cfosspeed ensures ping for what I want. It's good :)

With today's ever increasing broadband speeds, it's one of those "soon to become legacy" software. You only need traffic shaping for slower connections. If you have a quality low ping, high bandwidth connection, these is mostly moot. ;)

I use it though, because firstly, I only have a 2Mbps limited usage connection :( But mostly because of the additional features I get from it, because apart from traffic shaping, it also has a real time network speed graph - and it's deadly accurate. While most network graph utilities show live upload and download speeds, I've found most of them to be not entirely accurate, but this one is! :)

cFosSpeed also displays the number of concurrent connections and latency statistics in real time. Also, you get real-time info about the live current connections as they're being made, and choose to prioritize them. That's something I find really useful, because that lets me block out the errant programs that are establishing server contact without my expressed consent, thereby saving me bandwidth, and maintaining privacy. :yes:

cFosSpeed also shows usage graphs for pretty much any program over a period of either a month, three months or a year. But one thing I do miss is that it doesn't have an option to look at daily stats. :(

Edited by calguyhunk