next alternatives to peer guardian and protowall?

Guest oxygenuk

Guest oxygenuk

as peer guardian continues to lock up in my system tray iv finally gave up with it now as its obviously loads of s**t

protowall doesnt get on too well with my pc either :wacko:

so is there any others or am i screwed for choice?

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oxygenuk

nsane what type of problems did u have with your DSL?

iv recently been getting disconnected from my adsl every now and again every other day and im not sure what it is, so if you let me know the problems with sygate,you and your dsl maybe its sygate thats my problem

as for outpost, i may give it a try, and if its sygate thats cuainsg me dsl problems then well looks like ill be switching to outpost lol

it just caused my speeds to suck ass, like i was getting 30KB/s on a 1.5Mb line. then i noticed sygate was blocking alot of valid packets via the logs. so i uninstalled it, installed outpost and i haven't had any problems yet :D

Imperceptible

I'm pretty sure PeerGuardian and Protowall are the only good ones. Although myself I find them very annoying and every 2nd site I visit seems to get blocked. The same thing goes for firewalls, every 2 seconds I have to click accept or allow. My router firewall is awesome but it disconnects me every 5 minutes when I enable it.

I'm pretty sure PeerGuardian and Protowall are the only good ones. Although myself I find them very annoying and every 2nd site I visit seems to get blocked. The same thing goes for firewalls, every 2 seconds I have to click accept or allow. My router firewall is awesome but it disconnects me every 5 minutes when I enable it.

then it is NOT awesome it it???? :doh:

Archived