• IObit Driver Booster
    • Driver Reviver
    • Driver Genius Professional
    • Driver Magician
    • DriverMax
    • DriverPack Solution
    • SamDrivers 2013
    • Other (specify which one)

What do you guys think is the safest and accurate driver updater?

I am asking this because sometimes driver updaters would update drivers with ''the latest'' version and in return could cause some problems with Windows and games, like crashes, freezes, etc.

That's why I am hoping to find out which one of these would be safest to use. Every opinion is highly appreciated.

I hope you will be able to provide some information about these. Have a nice day, Anna.

Edited by DeHaos

• Replies 22
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yorel

• xboy52

• DeHaos

• greenworld

IObit Driver Booster ;)

But i think it's better to update drivers by yourself :)

:cheers:

Edited by Lyon275

Airstream_Bill

I think that if you use a Driver Finder no matter which one that you will end up with some that you wish you did not have.

ME!!! I am the best driver updater, I do all my family and friends

Sorry hear that cause you have a lot of extra work :D . I'm the IT guy in my family and friends group and it could be stressful all they might ask me (format PC, install antivirus, remove a malware).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

What do you guys think is the safest and accurate driver updater?

Have tried 'em all and as Bill rightly observes at post # 7, one is bound to get bitten sooner or later. :(

Wish there was an option for "None of the above."

^^ Sam Drivers i didn't know they have a driver updater on a nsaner's name :rofl:

• 1 month later...
thunderpants

Driver Magician -portable.

Though i've only been using it on old computers.

not sure if it's good for new computers.

• 2 weeks later...

Alot of those I have never heard of I recommend you stay away from SUMo software update monitor it is bloatware bundled with software you dont want and antiviruses pick it up as adware. I recommend Secunia PSI (Personal Software Inspector) avast gots a software updater if you use avast I dont recommend using that secunia PSI is better:

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/

It doesnt just scan for outdated programs it makes sure your system is safe from outdated programs that can cause security vulnerabilities. Most motherboards have a driver updater you can use and if you have nvidia video card it gots a driver updater and creative sound blaster gots a autoupdater to. I dont recommend actual driver updater programs they can crash your system if there not coded right and many are not if you must choose from that list above I probably use iobit I have heard of it the others I havent..

stylemessiah

Youre a fool if you use other than the device vendors website....almost all "driver updaters" contain PUP's and/or convince you that they have found "updated" drivers, but secretly downgrade, then upgrade you back to your current drivers.....they often also cause issues on your PC just by having them installed, some of them try and convince you using the aforementioned downgrade/upgrade bs to pay for them

Dont be lazy, go to the device vendors website. Especially if youre on a laptop, as some laptop vendors customise their drivers specifically for devices in their laptops.

Did i mention dont be lazy yet?

Edited by stylemessiah

I'm more familiar with driver updaters which don't need the Internet and are free. I can't use them anyway because Internet connection isn't always available and it's quite a chore to download and install all drivers for a specific motherboard.

I'm a former DriverPack Solution developer and I'm currently work on Snappy Driver Installer(included in SamDrivers).

Read my post over there for more: //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/226395-samdrivers-148-full-multilangual/?p=821908

As for drivers in SamDrivers. It consist of original drivers which were downloaded from the official websites. Original installers are usually stripped down because driver updaters aren't using them during installation. Some newer drivers were modified so that they became compatible with older devices. This is why old devices occasionally get updated drivers even though their manufacturer abandoned them a long time ago.