Mozilla Firefox 27.0 Beta 1

jalaffa

Firefox is the award winning next generation browser from Mozilla. Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely, and more efficiently than with any other browser. Make the switch today - Firefox imports your Favorites, settings and other information, so you have nothing to lose. Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker. View more than one web page in a single window with this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're ready for viewing when you're ready to read them. Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online activity your business.

Thanks to rach for the update.

Download

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zex

• steven36

• Suguru

• jalaffa

Top Posters In This Topic

Been waiting for this.

Firefox 27 Release notes:

• NEW Windows 8 optimized Aurora is ready for use (see blog post)
  • NEW You can now run more than one service at a time with Firefox SocialAPI, allowing you to receive notifications, chat and more from multiple integrated services
  • CHANGED Added support for SPDY 3.1 protocol and deprecated SPDY 2
  • DEVELOPER Experimental support for CSS sticky positioning (Aurora only - demo)
  • DEVELOPER Ability to reset style sheets using 'all:unset'
  • DEVELOPER SVG: Added support for transform-origin (see 923193)
  • DEVELOPER You can now choose to deobfuscate javascript in the debugger (see 762761)
  • DEVELOPER Added support for scrolled fieldsets (see 261037)
  • DEVELOPER Implemented allow-popups directive for iframe sandbox, enabling increased security (see 766282)
  • DEVELOPER CSS cursor keywords -moz-grab and -moz-grabbing have been unprefixed (see 880672)
  • DEVELOPER Added support for ES6 generators in SpiderMonkey (see blog post)
  • HTML5 Dashed line support on Canvas (see 768067)
  • FIXED Get Azure/Skia content rendering working on Linux (see 740200)

Seriously? 26 just showed today and already 27 beta 1? Hahahaha!

Err, I'm guessing you don't know how releases work.

As soon as the final beta code hits the release day everything that's planned for the next release shifts down. Nightly becomes Aurora, Aurora becomes Beta.

It's not like they just cooked up a beta in 24 hours from nothing.

As soon as the final beta code hits the release day everything that's planned for the next release shifts down. Nightly becomes Aurora, Aurora becomes Beta.

This is the problem with firefox now days it updates way to fast , back before they stared updateing like they was Google , Beta testing could go on a very long time, depened on how unstable the major build was.

Now days your going get a final even if it has the bugs as the beta. There are no more major builds every thing goes up a whole ver number in 1 mounth .

Just like 26 has a bug that 27 beta does.

Edited by steven36

Yeah, I know that they're dealing with the bugs and are expanding previous versions. But why release betas so soon? What's the point in releasing a new version of a program. What's so major in changes that it has to be consevutive number, not for example 25.1.1?

This is the problem with firefox now days it updates way to fast , back before they stared updateing like they was Google , Beta testing could go on a very long time, depened on how unstable the major build was.

Now days your going get a final even if it has the bugs as the beta. There are no more major builds every thing goes up a whole ver number in 1 mounth .

Where have you been living for the past 2 years?

Firefox's faster release cycle started long time ago: https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar

Where have you been living for the past 2 years?

Firefox's faster release cycle started long time ago: https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar

I know I been useing FireFox since version like verison 1.5, I was some of the 1st ones to test the new Aurora witch they said they was going to fix it were you could change release channels that only last one build lol.

The thing is Palemoon or TOR or any of them that use it never update it every time FireFox does, because of it being unstable.

Yesterday I hit updates on the about box and ESR made me update to 24 after a very long time lol.

Every since version 25 Ive had a bug were some pages in firefox just dont load, i get a blank page and one my friends tell they had the bug as well.

Also v26 and v27 have a flash bug when watching videos with flash .

Only way I mess with a new ver of firefox is with portables no way id install it as my default broweser.

If chorme's add-ons were just a little better I use it instead.

Edited by steven36

Every since version 25 Ive had a bug were some pages in firefox just dont load, i get a blank page and one my friends tell they had the bug as well.

v25, v26 and v27 works fine here. ;)

Cleanup your profile and addons and start fresh. :showoff:

v25, v26 and v27 works fine here. ;)

Cleanup your profile and addons and start fresh. :showoff:

I have still the same thing for me, and you cant tell me that it dont have a flash bug its in the changelog on both ver that its not been fixed.

So how does it work fine when mozilla say it dont. Its not hard to clean up the profile just go to troubleshooting and reset it.

Ive had ver before that had flash bugs that caused FF to lock up Id have to force reboot to get out of it thats no fun. Ill stay with 24.2.0 ESR for now.

Edited by steven36