Top Posters In This Topic

• demoneye

• shasi

• kn_andre

• Reyes

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody have the changelog?

Here is the full official changelog:

-All plug-ins, with the exception of recent Flash plug-ins, are defaulted to 'click to play'.-Password manager now supports script-generated password fields.-Updates can now be performed by Windows users without write permissions to Firefox install -directory (requires Mozilla Maintenance Service).-Support for H.264 on Linux if the appropriate gstreamer plug-ins are installed.-Support for MP3 decoding on Windows XP, completing MP3 support across Windows OS versions.-CSP implementation now supports multiple policies, including the case of both an enforced and Report-Only policy, per the spec.-Social API now supports Social Bookmarking for multiple providers through its SocialMarks functionality (see MDN docs).-There is no longer a prompt when websites use appcache.-Support for the CSS image orientation property.-New App Manager allows you to deploy and debug HTML5 webapps on Firefox OS phones and the Firefox OS Simulator.-IndexedDB can now be used as a "optimistic" storage area so it doesn't require any prompts and data is stored in a pool with LRU eviction policy, in short temporary storage.-When displaying a standalone image, Firefox matches the EXIF orientation information contained within the JPEG image (298619).-Improved page load times due to no longer decoding images that aren't visible (847223).-AudioToolbox MP3 backend for OSX (914479).

Thanks for sharing ... But mine has not Auto Updated till now ... I have Checked Several times with the Update Checker and it's not yet Seeing this Version 26.0 !! Normally i just check for Updates and let it Automaticaly Download and Install, but is not working . I hate to have to Download the Full Installer package again and re-install it ... Guys, is it just me or are there others too who can not Auto Update from the Check Updates ??? Cheers guys ...

auto update now available :)

"old" news , already posted by some others few days back ... just compare their hashes (sha256) and seems the same :)

True - but point is that we don't frontpage it before it has gotten the approval as a release.

Thanks. This makes a lot of sense.

I remember it was the release candidate that was posted a few days ago. Maybe this time the hashes are the same (means they did not make change and release the then candidate as the current release version), but that is not always the case. From release candidate to final release version, much could change.

"old" news , already posted by some others few days back ... just compare their hashes (sha256) and seems the same :)

True - but point is that we don't frontpage it before it has gotten the approval as a release.

Thanks. This makes a lot of sense.

I remember it was the release candidate that was posted a few days ago. Maybe this time the hashes are the same (means they did not make change and release the then candidate as the current release version), but that is not always the case. From release candidate to final release version, much could change.

totally agree :)

Thanks for sharing ... But mine has not Auto Updated till now ... I have Checked Several times with the Update Checker and it's not yet Seeing this Version 26.0 !! Normally i just check for Updates and let it Automaticaly Download and Install, but is not working . I hate to have to Download the Full Installer package again and re-install it ... Guys, is it just me or are there others too who can not Auto Update from the Check Updates ??? Cheers guys ...

it will take some time before they update their update server

the download link here coming from release server, not update server

if im not mistaken, this would be their update server and depend on your location too

http://download.cdn.mozilla.net/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/26.0/

Thanks so much .... It finally got the Auto Update few Hours Ago and now i have the Latest 26.0 ... I Appreciate your Help too. have a nice day .. Cheers..

Does anybody have the changelog?

Here is the full official changelog:

-All plug-ins, with the exception of recent Flash plug-ins, are defaulted to 'click to play'.-Password manager now supports script-generated password fields.-Updates can now be performed by Windows users without write permissions to Firefox install -directory (requires Mozilla Maintenance Service).-Support for H.264 on Linux if the appropriate gstreamer plug-ins are installed.-Support for MP3 decoding on Windows XP, completing MP3 support across Windows OS versions.-CSP implementation now supports multiple policies, including the case of both an enforced and Report-Only policy, per the spec.-Social API now supports Social Bookmarking for multiple providers through its SocialMarks functionality (see MDN docs).-There is no longer a prompt when websites use appcache.-Support for the CSS image orientation property.-New App Manager allows you to deploy and debug HTML5 webapps on Firefox OS phones and the Firefox OS Simulator.-IndexedDB can now be used as a "optimistic" storage area so it doesn't require any prompts and data is stored in a pool with LRU eviction policy, in short temporary storage.-When displaying a standalone image, Firefox matches the EXIF orientation information contained within the JPEG image (298619).-Improved page load times due to no longer decoding images that aren't visible (847223).-AudioToolbox MP3 backend for OSX (914479).

You forgot this part of it

Known Issues

• Unresolved Moving Firefox to background while playing a flash video in full screen mode and bring it back to view will freeze the app

Seems v26 intoduces a new flash bug ,not so nice when you watch videos in Full screen with flash , Also this bug is in the beta . Im staying with using ESR versions , They update FF now days faster than they can fix the bugs , The good old days are gone. I use to Beta test untill they made up the new update system, were the fianls are really beta, And you dont get a real stable tell the next ESR , If city governments and businesses dont trust it why should I ? I'll just stay behind . lol

If I want to try the new version I just use portables and test it ,no more installing every version of FF for me.

Edited by steven36