Turk

• Replies 49
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Siddharta

w9zpKqV.jpg

I know it is an old book but I had not read it. Now that I have, I am a bit dissapointed, I was expecting much more from this guy. The critcs rave about him! He's overrated!

@Crazycanuk. and how is it...to live...

:lmao:

most women say my 5 inches............are wide enough!

we r from different sides of the planet but jokes what we have are same .absolutely same :D

keep :showoff:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Kv4msry.jpg

I've just finished the trilogy. My rating:

The Physician 5 stars

Shaman 4 stars

Matters of Choice 3 stars

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

lILqPCK.jpg

A Man Called Blessed

by Ted Dekker & Bill Bright

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07 · rating details · 2,168 ratings in GoodReads!

One man holds the key to finding the Ark of the Covenant.

In this explosive sequel to "Blessed Child," Rebecca Soloman leads a team deep into the Ethiopian desert to hunt the one man who may know the final resting place of the Ark of the Covenant. But Islamic extremists fear that the Ark's discovery will compel Israel to rebuild Solomon's temple on the very site of their own holy mosque in Jerusalem.

They immediately dispatch Ismael, their most accomplished assassin, to pursue the same man. But the one in their sights is no ordinary man. His name is Caleb, and he is also on a quest--to find again the love he embraced as a child

Personal Opinion: Interesting but not the great novel I thought it was!

Personal rating. From 2.5 to 3 stars

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TqWFHUW.jpg

The Kill List

by Frederick Forsyth

A master story teller at his best.

My rating: 4 stars

In Virginia, there is an agency bearing the bland name of Technical Operations Support Activity, or TOSA. Its one mission is to track, find, and kill those so dangerous to the United States that they are on a short document known as the Kill List. TOSA actually exists. So does the Kill List.

Added to it is a new name: a terrorist of frightening effectiveness called the Preacher, who radicalizes young Muslims abroad to carry out assassinations. Unfortunately for him, one of the kills is a retired Marine general, whose son is TOSA’s top hunter of men.

Very relevant subject, see here.

book three of ken folletts latest trilogy... edge of eternity.... great author... books one and two great and the third and final is amazing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

DAN BROWN's INFERNO

inferno.jpg

I've recently read it too. And I've found that Brown is sort of running short of new ideas. At least he is repeating the same formula of his previous successful novels but that no longer surprises me. -_-

fHc1oUQ.jpg

The Kite Runner

[2003] by Khaled Hosseini

It made me laugh…it made me cry….Moving really and surprising.

Hosseini knows how to spin a good yarn that’s for sure. A treat for any reader.... enjoy it! :D

My rating: 4 stars

Plot Summary

In the 70's in Afghanistan, the Pushtun boy Amir and the Hazara boy Hassan, who is his loyal friend and son of their Hazara servant Ali, are raised together in Amir's father house, playing and kitting on the streets of a peaceful Kabul. Amir feels that his wise and good father Baba blames him for the death of his mother in the delivery, and also that his father loves and prefers Hassan to him. In return, Amir feels a great respect for his father's best friend Rahim Khan, who supports his intention to become a writer. After Amir winning a competition of kitting, Hassan runs to bring a kite to Amir, but he is beaten and raped by the brutal Assef in an empty street to protect Amir's kite; the coward Amir witness the assault but does not help the loyal Hassam. On the day after his birthday party, Amir hides his new watch in Hassam's bed to frame the boy as a thief and force his father to fire Ali, releasing his conscience from recalling his cowardice and betrayal. In 1979, the Russians invade Afghanistan and Baba and Amir escape to Pakistan. In 1988, they have a simple life in Fremont, California, when Amir graduates in a public college for the pride and joy of Baba. Later Amir meets his countrywoman Soraya and they get married. In 2000, after the death of Baba, Amir is a famous novelist and receives a phone call from the terminal Rahim Khan, who discloses secrets about his family, forcing Amir to return to Peshawar, in Pakistan, in a journey of redemption.

More summaries

• 3 weeks later...

Archived