Firefox Brainwashed Upon Update

Marcus Thunder

Marcus Thunder

Firefox updated itself today and i lost everything. I mean I lost my history, & add-ons.It was the same as installing firefox on a new machine. If i knew that this would happen I would have disabled Autoupdate.I had no bookmarks to lose.....but i want to retreive my history & add-ons to work again....Is there any thing that can be done for them to be retreived...They are still intact in users/appdata/Local/mozilla/firefox...I am sure of that coz the firefox folder is 65MB!The history and work of months....is it possible to regain them

thx 4 replying and helping in advance

ur help is greatly appreciated

:P

• Replies 6
  • Views 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Marcus Thunder

Any means to get back the history....

I copied the profile folder in my appdata/local/mozilla/firefox to program files/mozilla firefox/default/profiles but also had no effect any suggestions

Can't help you there buddy... unless shought or Marik comes up with something :P

Your new installation might have deleted the contents of your history library.

Marcus Thunder

I found a solution to the problem ....Finally///////// :)

as Firefox updated itself the file that contained the history and cache, the profile, migrated from c:/Users/xxx/Appdata/local/mozilla/firefox to C:/users/appdata/ROAMING/Mozilla/Firefox so i copied the folder c:/Users/xxx/Appdata/local/mozilla/firefox/Profiles to C:/users/xxx/appdata/ROAMING/Mozilla/Firefox and edited the file C:/users/xxx/appdata/ROAMING/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles.ini

============================================================From:

[General]

StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]

Name=default

IsRelative=1

Path=Profiles/xs9nnsnh.default

=============================================================TO:

[General]

StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]

Name=default

IsRelative=1

Path=Profiles/2k0546xm.default

=============================================================

I opened firefox and everything was restored.I mean all the history

and the tabs opened in the previous session.This trick Does Not restore Add-ons.....To restore them use nightly_tester_tools as previously mentioned.

AT THE END I WOULD LIKE TO THANK Bizarre™ for Participating and Helping.... :think:

Archived