• Views 34k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jobe

• november_ra1n

• AlexCross

• Ponting

Has anyone figured out yet what is causing the "activation key is not valid" problem? I got an activation code back when the chip.de promo was on and figured I'd wait till my old subscription (from another giveaway last year) had expired, but now all I get is the 'key not valid' prompt.

Is there a fix? If not, does anyone have a key that works that they can spare? My old one runs out in another 2 days. Without this I'm screwed.

I'm really pissed with this, I figured I was completely set for another year. Shoot. :wtf:

Has anyone figured out yet what is causing the "activation key is not valid" problem? I got an activation code back when the chip.de promo was on and figured I'd wait till my old subscription (from another giveaway last year) had expired, but now all I get is the 'key not valid' prompt.

Is there a fix? If not, does anyone have a key that works that they can spare? My old one runs out in another 2 days. Without this I'm screwed.

I'm really pissed with this, I figured I was completely set for another year. Shoot. :wtf:

I am thinking maybe its the very latest update provided,try just loading and installing Cyber 5 and do not include the latest update,then enter new key in 'Create account' or enter your user and password in the 'log in' if you have allready activated the keycode.Once you have done this and the account is open you can then go ahead and update.Let me know if it works.

Edited by Jobe

I am thinking maybe its the very latest update provided,try just loading and installing Cyber 5 and do not include the latest update,then enter new key in 'Create account' or enter your user and password in the 'log in' if you have allready activated the keycode.Once you have done this and the account is open you can then go ahead and update.Let me know if it works.

:uhuh: No, it's not working! As of now only working giveaway keys are those, which starts with prefix PROMO- eg. PROMO- 5JRYT-3E9FX-QU2AR-38NLE :angry:

See:

osm7.png

Actually, I contacted Cyberghost to ask them what the problem was -- I figured why not, since it was a legit giveaway and should work.....

According to their customer support, the giveaway keys from CHIP.de could only be used on the day they were given out, after that they were no longer any good.

That sounds like B.S. to me, I don't recall seeing that stated anywhere on the CHIP.de page. I'm completely pissed with them. I held off using the new key while a promo key I had from a year ago was still valid -- now in two days I don't have any VPN at all! I'm ready to tear my hair out here -- I figured I was all set for another year.

I'm tempted to start Reddit posts explaining that Cyberghost isn't honoring their promo keys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pos:

P.S. BTW, is it me or is this V. 5 of Cyberghost kinda crappy --- seems all buggy compared to V. 4,

EDIT AGAIN:

SORRY! I just realized I misread their customer support email. They were saying the promo serial's were good only till the last day of 2013, not that they were good for only the single day you received the key in the first place. Just wanted to clarify that. Of course, it would have been nice had they noted an expiration for usage....

Edited by mray88

Actually, I contacted Cyberghost to ask them what the problem was -- I figured why not, since it was a legit giveaway and should work.....

According to their customer support, the giveaway keys from CHIP.de could only be used on the day they were given out, after that they were no longer any good.

That sounds like B.S. to me, I don't recall seeing that stated anywhere on the CHIP.de page. I'm completely pissed with them. I held off using the new key while a promo key I had from a year ago was still valid -- now in two days I don't have any VPN at all! I'm ready to tear my hair out here -- I figured I was all set for another year.

I'm tempted to start Reddit posts explaining that Cyberghost isn't honoring their promo keys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pos:

P.S. BTW, is it me or is this V. 5 of Cyberghost kinda crappy --- seems all buggy compared to V. 4,

Well we've been giving keys out for weeks and its only in the last couple of days that I've heard of 'problems',one last try for people who have'nt got their keys activated,remember it was a 'german giveaway',try using german ip and see if that helps??,let us know on this thread if anyone tries it.

Well we've been giving keys out for weeks and its only in the last couple of days that I've heard of 'problems',one last try for people who have'nt got their keys activated,remember it was a 'german giveaway',try using german ip and see if that helps??,let us know on this thread if anyone tries it.

Hey Jobe, thanks for your response!

I didn't even know that people were still picking up keys on this thread. I had my one key from back when the promo went on, figured it would work, and hadn't been following it any longer. SURPRISE!!!!

I'll have to keep popping by this thread now in the hope an extra key shows up. In the past Cyberghost keys stayed active for the life of the key itself, that was always my experience at least. So yeh, this seems to be something new and not very decent of them. Hopefully things will work out. I still have 2 days left on my old key :(

I think all the keys from the previous Giveaway are now blocked and not working any more.. :rolleyes: better to wait for another Giveaway.. :lol:

I think all the keys from the previous Giveaway are now blocked and not working any more.. :rolleyes: better to wait for another Giveaway.. :lol:

That's awful news. I don't know what the heck I will do now. Whenever they used to give out CG keys they could be activated for whatever the life of the key was supposed to be. I'm totally screwed now.

That's awful news. I don't know what the heck I will do now. Whenever they used to give out CG keys they could be activated for whatever the life of the key was supposed to be. I'm totally screwed now.

:lol: switch to Free version.. :)

I am still using keys from 2 years ago!!and a better key than this last one,but if I was stuck! they do have a really good offer on at the moment,full premium key 1 year just over 20 euros.I still have keys left but pointless giving them as they are not working any longer.

These keys are no longer working so not worth sending them out,will have to wait till next Giveaway guys.