Android Screen Of Death (SoD) help!

Smeagol

I am having the Screen Of Death (SoD) on my SGS2 droid. Everything was normal till 5 months ago when I had the first SoD after updating from 4.0.3 to 4.1.2. It happens randomly sometimes once or twice a day and sometimes once every 36 hours. I don't know what is causing it but it is causing me serious problems like not reading my message on tine because the phone has a black screen and nothing changes until I remove the battery and put it back then switching it on.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smeagol

• GRiM

• PrEzi

• dipsetbrett

Top Posters In This Topic

First of - I am not sure if this is the correct forum for that kind of questions.

I would redirect you to XDA Developers forum.

Second -- Your message is inconsistent.... SGS2 = Samsung Galaxy S2 (i910x) and Droid = Motorola Droid.

So which one is it.

And you need to provide more details (plain upgraded from x to y is not enough).

Anyway - I assume you're on stock, unrooted and haven't tried to install different ROM, or did you ?

You are right sorry about the lack of details hope you can help

Model Number: GT-I900G

Android Version: 4.1.2

Baseband Version: I9100GXXLSP

Kernel Version: 3.0.31-893450 se.infra@SEP-110 #2

Build Number: JZO54K.I9100GXXLSR

PS: Unrooted - No ROM Installed

hello sounds like your digitizer might be going bad on it.. if you have not yet done a factory reset do that first before you take any further actions. of course you can save all your data that is on the phone but first you must know you google email address as well as a program called KIES just Google it and you will be able to pick and choose your kies type don't just download the kies 3 since its the newest one your phone is not supported by it. if you have any other questions pm me or XDA

Thanks for your advise dipsetbrett but already tried Factory Reset and nothing has changed. GRiM, which ROM do you think can solve SoD ?? What about CyanogenMod 11 ROM ??

Edited by Smeagol