Thanks for this. I'll miss Winamp. It was the very first music player I've used after moving to AIMP. :( :sadbye: :nono:

I wonder why have this not gone Open Source long time ago

• Replies 37
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyko666

• ARMOUR

• sanjoa

• 1yakuza

many of us were grown with this. Now its final for ever. Sad but true. As long as it works it will live though

Edited by arismfg

When Winamp is going to be disapeared, try this shit out: XMPlay

-Balls-on accurate

-32/24-bit & multi-channel output

-Gapless playback of all supported formats, crossfading

-Interpolation & volume/pan ramping

-Automatic gain control (and Replaygain), 9 band equalizer, reverb, plugin support

-All supported file types (including MODs and archives) can be streamed from FTP and HTTP servers (inc. Shoutcast/Icecast/Icecast2), optionally writing a copy to disk, FTP directories and HTML webpages can be scanned for playable files

-Displays file/format information, messages/tags, and instrument/sample texts, open webpages from the texts

-Title formatting

-A database of your tracks, with directory monitoring, for quick and easy access to the tracks you want to play

-Save settings (DSP/etc) to be automatically used each time specific tracks or filetypes are played, save presets for quick application at any time

-Write 8/16/24/32-bit WAV files, use external encoders (MP3/OGG/etc), optional level normalization, dithering & noise shaping, individual MOD instrument writing

-Fully customizable shortcuts, including global hotkeys

-Open files/folders from Windows Explorer, drag'n'drop files/folders/shortcuts/URLs, monitor the clipboard for playable URLs, drag'n'drop tracks from XMPlay into other programs, icon customization

-Archived/compressed files can be loaded just like normal files, including support for nested archives

-Unicode file support

-Compatible with Sonique plugins, fullscreen display, includes a MOD pattern view

-UnZIP where you want and go!

Download here: http://www.un4seen.com

Skinable, works with plugins...

Ain't nothing better than this :) XMPlay is very complete, light, gorgeous, simple to use.... its simply fantastic. Been using it for a long time. I wish there was a Linux version...... (although sometimes i run it in Wine :P )

I'm surprised Winamp hasn't stopped existing sooner. Their development has been stalled for years. I still don't understand how you can simply stop the development of a product that was the best in the market.

Thanks for this last update. I'm devastated to see my favourite media player disappear. RIP!