Skype 6.11.0.102

anuraag

Skype is a little piece of software that lets you make free calls to anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world. And even though the calls are free, they are really excellent quality. If you and your friends, family or business contacts are using webcams, you can also make free video calls. You can even call landlines and mobile phones at really cheap per minute rates (and there's no setup or subscription fee).

Download

• Replies 15
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boskorp

• anuraag

• kn_andre

• SlimRock

This version opens very fast on 7 x64, but it kept my cpu ~50% load for about 2-3 minutes, after that it dropped cpu usage, opened secondary skype and it did it again for ~2 minutes, never had such an issue with older versions. Uninstall / download again / install - same situation. Anybody?

This version opens very fast on 7 x64, but it kept my cpu ~50% load for about 2-3 minutes, after that it dropped cpu usage, opened secondary skype and it did it again for ~2 minutes, never had such an issue with older versions. Uninstall / download again / install - same situation. Anybody?

like you said, this version runs very fast on your system, so there will be consequences, logically it'll draw more power from CPU to run faster!

Try this workaround : disable the Automatic updates:

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Automatic updates ->Turn off automatic updates.
Edited by slimrock

I didn't see a very big difference between v6.10 and 6.11 when launching skype on my win7ultimate 64bits.

And I can't get your trouble ..

• 1st launch (auto-launch just after install) : %time of CPU from 46% to 0% in less than 10 seconds and it uses around 125 Mo of memory
  • 2nd launch : the same concerning %time of CPU and less memory used with "only" 120 Mo. After 5 minutes CPU = 0% and 132 Mo of memory.

Maybe something wrong in your machine. Did you try a reboot ?

Dr. Eset - NSANE

Thanks for the update :D

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't see a very big difference between v6.10 and 6.11 when launching skype on my win7ultimate 64bits.

And I can't get your trouble ..

• 1st launch (auto-launch just after install) : %time of CPU from 46% to 0% in less than 10 seconds and it uses around 125 Mo of memory
  • 2nd launch : the same concerning %time of CPU and less memory used with "only" 120 Mo. After 5 minutes CPU = 0% and 132 Mo of memory.

Maybe something wrong in your machine. Did you try a reboot ?

I had this problem in every of my machines and the new installed ones also, it was driving me nuts, but all gone now. The problem is caused by skype, it's already a known issue as thousands complained.

The workaround for the current edition is to change the default browser to non-Chrome based one e.g Firefox, Opera ... Seems odd, but it works!

So if your new skype does load your cpu all the time and system is busy constantly or at least for a couple of minutes when started, try this solution :)

Edited by Boskorp