what virtualization software you use?

visualbuffs

what virtualization software you use?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. what virtualization software you use?

• Faronics DeepFREEZE
    • Shadow Defender
    • Toolwiz Time Freeze
    • Sandboxie / Bufferzone
    • Vmware Player/Workstation
    • Oracle Virtualbox
    • Windows Virtual PC
    • OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY)

I've using DFF with sandboxie.. hehe

When trying a need to reboot software i.e antivirus

virtualbox is my choice

• Replies 30
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mix for testing & Dirty Stuff :tooth:

-Locked {Networking & Interchangeable Clipboard between host & guest disabled as start } Vmware worksation Using Snapshot functionality With Deep Freez Standard & Sand boxie + Another Stuff Related to repackaging

I use Hyper-V built into Win 8/8.1.

Prior to that I used Virtualbox but felt that using a layer sat directly on the hardware was a better option.

Sandboxie for security;Rollback Rx for snapshots;Shadow Defender on-demand- rarely used..

this poll is kinda wrong since Vmware is for OS and sandboxie is primary for browsers ....

anyhow i will vote for Sandboxie for my browser protection and Virtual Box for My testing OS :D

cheers ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sandboxie (Thanks to NSFfan for 1 Year License Giveaway) :showoff:

Shadow Defender. Light Virtualization. A masterpiece in its own right! :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Aliexpress is the best place to come to find useful labelflash drive reviews. You can read the most in-depth reviews, ratings and feedbacks from people who have bought and used them. We have real consumer reviews of different types of labelflash drive, including lightscribe drives reviews, freeview recorder dvd reviews and more. Our labelflash drive reviews will help you make the best purchase.click here labelflash drive

:spam: :spam: :spam:

• 2 months later...

VMware and Sandboxie :yes:

Shadow Defender for testing all new or unknown softwares.

It's more easy than using a virtualized OS (as Virtual PC, Virtual Box or VMWare) and it permits to use your real environment.

Shadow Defender, for testing all new or unknown softwares, that not require restart

Deep Freeze Enterprise, with console to control multiple PC virtualization, via LAN

VMware, Virtual Box for My testing OS.worthy.gif

There's another virtualization which many folks are using - some without even being aware of the same. It's not mentioned as an option, here - COMODO Firewall.

Hyper V comes preinstalled on Windows 8. Try it. Enable it by Turning Windows Features from the Control Panel

• 3 weeks later...
visualbuffs

shadow defender and time freeze FAILED!

DeepFreeze SUCCESS..

cos

deepfreeze protect you upon windows boot up time.. when pc reads your hard drive and windows start to load deepfreeze protected already

unlike shadown defender or toolwiz timefreeze .. it freeze the system on desktop logging..

example

when u power on your pc then while windows is loading .. accidentally power shortage your pc had been turn off

if u used deepfreeze .. there's no startup repair (windows is totally freeze)

if u used shadow defender or timefreez .. there's a selection "start windows normaly" or launch startup repair (windows can be corrupted)

conclusion ::

deepfreeze definitely freeze your system upon startup (no windows corruption 100%)

other won't!

only deepfreeze can do that

Deepfreeze WINNER

Testing software, I'd be interested in those that state they use timefreeze and shadow defender for testing software that requires a re-start...Not exactly VM, hmmm?

Slightly OffTopic - but for extensive software testing I employ a 2nd test PC. I have found that even the best virtualization-software falls short sometimes (depending on the softs idiosyncrasies). If you want a 100% true test of a softs abilities then the word "virtualization" needs to be eliminated from the equation!

Archived