AIMP 3.55 Build 1324

jalaffa

AIMP is a full-featured free music player designed with sound quality and wide, customizable functionality in mind. Over twenty audio formats are supported. This is one of the best music players you can find on the Internet. Audio is processed in 32-bit for crystal-clear sound. The player features a 18-band graphics equalizer with extra built-in sound effects. The existing functionality can be extended by adding Input, DSP and Gen plug-ins from Winamp. All local and global hotkeys are customizable. Full Unicode support. It is able to convert AudioCD to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA. Similarly, AIMP can grab sound from any audio device on your PC to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA formats.

Download

• Replies 17
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Purple Trail

• Sonar

• remzkee0903

• Journey

Thanks for the update. This is by far the best music/audio player on the planet.. very light, user friendly, stunning skins, crystal clear equalizer & foremost 100% FREE w/o optional additional software included in setup. I've been a huge fan and avid user of this superb software since 2009. AIMP forever!

RIP Winamp! :pope:

Thanks for the update. This is by far the best music/audio player on the planet FOR ME.. very light, user friendly, stunning skins, crystal clear equalizer & foremost 100% FREE w/o optional additional software included in setup. I've been a huge fan and avid user of this superb software since 2009. AIMP forever!

I fixed it for you since you don't speak for everyone. It doesn't make it the best simply because some guy in Philippines and another one in UK thinks so. I doubt AIMP is the best, Winamp is certainly not dead so stop exaggerating. Thank you.

I have used both and while I still prefer Winamp I don't go around leaving comments everywhere on the internet claiming that it's the best player. Same goes for any other application or piece of hardware I use. Best for you and your needs is a completely different thing and it's understandable since people have different needs and likes.

JFYI Winamp actually uses less memory than AIMP while playing music last time I checked. Not that it really matters in my case, but anyway.

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/136246-which-of-these-do-you-use-for-playing-music-also-state-the-reasons-for-the-same/

Edited by Purple Trail

It's settled then. I'm from the US and AIMP is the winnah leavin all the rest to be not the best... :P

Dr. Eset - NSANE

Thanks for the update :D

Thanks for the update. This is by far the best music/audio player on the planet FOR ME.. very light, user friendly, stunning skins, crystal clear equalizer & foremost 100% FREE w/o optional additional software included in setup. I've been a huge fan and avid user of this superb software since 2009. AIMP forever!

I fixed it for you since you don't speak for everyone. It doesn't make it the best simply because some guy in Philippines and another one in UK thinks so. I doubt AIMP is the best, Winamp is certainly not dead so stop exaggerating. Thank you.

I have used both and while I still prefer Winamp I don't go around leaving comments everywhere on the internet claiming that it's the best player. Same goes for any other application or piece of hardware I use. Best for you and your needs is a completely different thing and it's understandable since people have different needs and likes.

JFYI Winamp actually uses less memory than AIMP while playing music last time I checked. Not that it really matters in my case, but anyway.

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/136246-which-of-these-do-you-use-for-playing-music-also-state-the-reasons-for-the-same/

LOL.. That poll is old. There are many updates have been optimized, fixed, added new features. I've also used winamp for a long time but winamp keeps bloated every updates & memory hogging issues occur. I'm not exaggerated w/ this AIMP I'm just expressing my experience w/ this superb music player. Like what you've said we have different taste on every aspect.

How about this:

2hpq3xt.png

LOL.. That poll is old. There are many updates have been optimized, fixed, added new features. I've also used winamp for a long time but winamp keeps bloated every updates & memory hogging issues occur. I'm not exaggerated w/ this AIMP I'm just expressing my experience w/ this superb music player. Like what you've said we have different taste on every aspect.

How about this:

If it's just your experience that's fine, but don't claim it's the best like you speak for everyone. In this case it would be appropriate to say: best for me/my favorite/prefer.

In the image provided you are only showing AIMP. Where is the memory hogging Winamp you speak of?

As you can see in the below images, while the same song is playing, Winamp actually uses less memory and CPU than AIMP. The second image was taken before the song ended. In this case Winamp ended up using even less memory than before, while AIMP increased it's memory usage. So how is Winamp a resource hog?

The latest stable version was used for both players.

wCJtuEg.png

wIMivvv.png

Edited by Purple Trail

want a free beer? :P

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/195168-aol-shuts-down-winamp-for-good/

Edited by Sonar

No thanks, but I'll wait until it's all cleared out of your system if you still want to talk after, as you seem to be having a hard time interpreting my previous comments. Enjoy your cheap beer while it lasts.

Edited by Purple Trail