cFosSpeed 9.05 Build 2080 Beta

anuraag

cFosSpeed is a network driver, which attaches itself to existing Internet connections. It then optimizes data transfer by means of Traffic Shaping. Traffic Shaping is a method for optimizing the Internet traffic. It allows maximum speed while ensuring minimal Ping. You can use cFosSpeed with a router and/or a DSL-modem or cable-modem. You can also use cFosSpeed with other types of Internet access, ie. whenever you already have an existing Internet connection. cFosSpeed supports a wide variety of connections, like DSL, cable, ISDN, UMTS, etc.

Download

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedrito

• R3C0N

• hclarkjr

• znorhe

Top Posters In This Topic

BEST program ever !!! for me..!!!im using cfosspeed since 2006-7 maybe..in our aDSL must have program..!!! because.. when iam uploading anything email torrent...etc.. the download speed will be very slow aprox. 10kb/sec, but WITH cfosspeed the downloadspeed and the upload speed will be the MAXIMUM at same time (not slowing down each other) !!!!! 12megabit/1,5megabit adsl by upc hungary !And in the office when we are using the same adsl for 4 machines with 4 cfosspeed (legal version) the 4 machine is balancing each other.. and work fine!!! etc etc...

does it actually do anything? anybody use this and can say that it works?

Yes it work, and very good. I can download, watch movies and browse the web at the same time!

It's a must have program for me. If I don't have it installed I can't even browse the web properly...

Yes it work, and very good. I can download, watch movies and browse the web at the same time!

It's a must have program for me. If I don't have it installed I can't even browse the web properly...

what speed connection do you have? i am on a 50mb line and am wondering if it would be worth installing it

Edited by hclarkjr

what speed connection do you have? i am on a 50mb line and am wondering if it would be worth installing it

I have 8 MB ADSL connection. I don't know if you'll notice the difference, but it can't be worst.

Try it, and see for yourself. Download a file, watch a movie on YouTube and browse the web at the same time.

Do that with and without cFosSpeed, then compare and you'll see if it's worth keeping it or not. :)

i am on a 50mb line and am wondering if it would be worth installing it

Don't even bother. This is one of those programs that along with registry cleaners, download accelerators, and (now) defrag software, is fast becoming a legacy of the past. For dial-ups, ISDN and slower ADSL connections traffic shaping works plenty alright, but with modern high speed internet, the only things that can help you are your ISP (higher bandwidth, lower latency, private peering) and hardware (LAN, Router). :)

Software traffic shaping, in percentage terms will not help you at all for all practical purposes ;)

P.S. - I've personally been using this (with Anurag and BB's trial reset) 'cuz I'm on a 2Mbps connection and maybe it does help me maybe it doesn't with the traffic shaping bit, but the real reason why I'm using it is that it has an option to constantly display active upload/download and basically any type of client/server activity (with accurate speeds) that helps me keep my capped connection within usage limits thereby keeping my telephone/broadband bill in check :)

Edited by calguyhunk

I just tried it for kicks

dsl 7.1 down / .756 up

Have been uploading about 4gb split in 6 files win81 makes net browsing suck.

Installed cF I can do youtube video as normal while the upload is going still

Upload was about 95kib ... droped it to 90kib and lower when streaming youtube video's.

Good trade off maybe to be able to surf and upload large. So only part time use really for me.. I don't upload things often. My downloads almost always full speeds anyhow.

I give it a thumbs up. Serves its purpose for me right now.

how is this possible.

I posted it first in the news forum before anyone else.

A mod locked the topic and it shown up under other name here posted many hours later.

Should I stop posting news if they are not already here or posted before?

I'm confused and feel discriminated.

Are certain software reserved for the news announcing to specific members?

how is this possible.

because back then you posted it on the wrong section as this software is frontpage software (listed on nsanedown)

I posted it first in the news forum before anyone else.

yep, I exactly knew that

A mod locked the topic and it shown up under other name here posted many hours later.

that's because back then I reported your topic so it could be moved to Frontpage Software Updates but mod took the wrong idea or maybe my report wasn't clearly then by accident locked your topic

Should I stop posting news if they are not already here or posted before?

post them on the right section, first thing you need is search before posting so there will be no duplicate topic or same content

I'm confused and feel discriminated.

don't worry, it wasn't all your fault. I'm also sorry for that

Are certain software reserved for the news announcing to specific members?

Well, I just can guess that you may share anything you want here as long as it doesn't break forum rules

that's because back then I reported your topic so it could be moved to Frontpage Software Updates but mod took the wrong idea or maybe my report wasn't clearly then by accident locked your topic

Maybe mod did sleep:) But I'm Ok with the shootbox if I find something interesting news in the future.

Its just I feel pissed off if post an update, the post get locked (ignored) and many hours later it show up on frontpage from another poster. I will not more do this wast of time and work.

Being many years just reader and it' was ok also.