avast! 9.0.2007

jalaffa

avast! Pro Antivirus is for people and companies that want a customized computer security package. Antivirus and internet protection components in avast! Pro Antivirus are built for easy integration with existing firewalls in users' home or work computers. Pro Antivirus has two major additions to the core protection elements in avast! Free Antivirus: the Script Engine and the Sandbox.

Thanks to lyldz for the update.

Download

• Replies 16
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• banned

• steven36

• Rok

• Vjcobra

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update. Kind of sad they removed the sandbox from the free version.

No it's not removed , it's replaced by new feature called "Deepscreen" ;)

No it's not removed , it's replaced by new feature called "Deepscreen" ;)

Edit - okay thanks for the info, I guess I was confusing this with the full sandbox?

Pro Antivirus has two major additions to the core protection elements in avast! Free Antivirus: the Script Engine and the Sandbox.

Edited by banned

Thanks for the update. How it compares to Norton 360, that already has NAV. For past year, Avast has become quite bulky and the system atleast (as I last tried it on Windows 7) was crawling. How is this version??

If you install it along side N360 on Windows 8.1, what will be the adverse effects??

Edited by Rok

Ive used Avast for a few years now, this version is very light compard to the v8 .

When I buy my PC new last week , It came with 60 days free Norton (NIS), It started eating my crack folder lol so I had get rid of it.

I try NOD again after like 3 years, I had issuses after a few days with webpages not loading the web sites would timeout I tested v6 and v7 same thing,.had to get rid of it.

I installed this new version of Avast! Free with COMODO firewall , very light on resourses .Windows 8.1 x64 with 4GB DDR3 memory, QuadCore AMD A6-3620 processor, with a 1 TB HD.

PCs have came along way since XP I didnt like Windows 8.1 at 1st, but have it setup the way I like it now, this new version of Avast seems to work good and most of all its free lol. :)

Edited by steven36

PCs have came along way since XP

a long way down hill in my opinion.. Luckily for me many avast user still use XP ;)

Dr. Eset - NSANE

Thanks for the update :)

PCs have came along way since XP

a long way down hill in my opinion.. Luckily for me many avast user still use XP

I Use to think like that for years I never try Vista (The Windows ME of the 21st Century) :) tell windows 7 came out and then upgraded to Win 7, because they shiped me a Free upgradedisk with my old pc when 7 was released.

I liked Windows 7 ok, its a good windows ,updates for XP end soon what you say you dont want a new windows version , When everyone used Win 98 2ND ED and XP came out , I was like one of the 1st ones to have XP, and everyone said they would not upgrade and it trun out to be a great version , every one upgraded to XP when updates ened for 98 .

I dont regreat useing and x64 O/S theres a lot less chance you will catch virus, because theres not much virus that will live in Windows x64.

I love the fact with the new PCs are really fast compared to the Dell XP P4

I had before, I pay $1000 for new , You can get new PC 5 times as fast, for half that money now, lol to each there own , Its acording to what you use your PC for.

PCs have really come far...but we cann't compare their fastness from the bygone...as those in their time were fastest. I still remember my first PC...an IBM 8088 PC with just 64 bytes of RAM and a single 5-half inch 360 KB Floppy drive, that my father brought us in 1984. It was really fast for many years, until I bought a new very fast PC AT with 128KB RAM, and two 5-half inch Floppy drives...and so on....

I too skipped Win 98 2ND ED as it was quite bulky, and then ignored Windows ME, Vista, and Windows 8. But, used Windows 7 till three weeks back....when I switched over to Windows 8.1. and, now I am looking for best of the apps for the OS for every thing on my HP Envy 17 3D.