K-Lite Codec Pack 10.1.3 Update

jalaffa

It means you need to first install, K-Lite Codec Pack 10.1.0 mega/standard/basic/full/ to get the 10.1.3 update. What a waste of time, just like MS did with Windows 8.1. Cann't they release an update full pack???

clsid can but I don't want that waste of time to download a full pack each time he provided a small update. ;)

That's not all the trouble, I had downloaded the mega installer, a 30MB file twice from majorgeek mirror1 and both the time, I only received a corrupt file. When clicked, the installer won't run. On third attempt, the installer was run, and at 100% it poped-up an error and had to force close.

Finally, the update pack which is also at around 19.8MB was downloaded and won't run....even after 1- clicks, it only create processes, but didn't start.

What a waste of time? They seem inspired by MS's Windows 8.1 update.

Now removing this crap, looking in to the CCCP, else would go with Advanced Codecs.

Edited by Rok

• Replies 29
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daladna

• jalaffa

• Guinness

• znorhe

It means you need to first install, K-Lite Codec Pack 10.1.0 mega/standard/basic/full/ to get the 10.1.3 update. What a waste of time, just like MS did with Windows 8.1. Cann't they release an update full pack???

clsid can but I don't want that waste of time to download a full pack each time he provided a small update. ;)

That's not all the trouble, I had downloaded the mega installer, a 30MB file twice from majorgeek mirror1 and both the time, I only received a corrupt file. When clicked, the installer won't run. On third attempt, the installer was run, and at 100% it poped-up error.

Finally, the update pack which is also at around 19.8MB won't run....clicked on about 10-times, and the process is there in the task manager, but it won't run.

What a waste of time? They seem inspired by MS's Windows 8.1 update.

Now removing this crap, looking in to the CCCP, else would go with Advanced Codecs.

Too difficult for you? I think you should just stick with WMP or something fool-proof.

I think I usually just install the new Mega pack over top of the old one when the update refuses to support the older pack. But I'm not really sure what is the recommended procedure. I would hate to reset all settings every time there is a major update.

Edited by banned