Internet Download Manager 6.18 Build 5

jalaffa

Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a tool to increase download speeds, resume and schedule downloads. Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost connections, network problems, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages. Simple graphic user interface makes IDM user friendly and easy to use. Internet Download Manager has a smart download logic accelerator that features intelligent dynamic file segmentation and safe multipart downloading technology to accelerate your downloads. Unlike other download managers and accelerators Internet Download Manager segments downloaded files dynamically during download process and reuses available connections without additional connect and login stages to achieve best acceleration performance.

Thanks to thylacine for the update.

Download

• Replies 35
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truemate

• Roger D

• SlimRock

• rach

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if this has been posted before or people know how to fix it, but anyways...

When Firefox Nightly updated itself today to v28, of course the IDM addon stopped working, heres how to re-enable it

1) Close Firefox

2) Enable hidden files and folders/system files

3) Navigate to: C:\Users\<your username here>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<your random profile id here>.default\extensions\[email protected]

4) Open install.rdf in nitepad

5) Look for the firefox section:

<!-- Firefox -->     <em:targetApplication>       <Description>         <em:id>{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}</em:id>         <em:minVersion>1.5</em:minVersion>         <em:maxVersion>27.*</em:maxVersion>       </Description>     </em:targetApplication>

6) Edit the line: <em:maxVersion>27.*</em:maxVersion> to read (insert version as applicable):

<em:maxVersion>28.*</em:maxVersion>

6) Save and restart Firefox

7) Download away

Edited by stylemessiah

Thanks for Sharing!

WTF!

Still have youtube problem after update :@

WTH..

prob in urs pc or browser...everything working fine here

There is nothing wrong with PC OR Browser. Now Youtube has streamlined the HD vids in a separate algorithm so that Download managers can't capture the download link. many of the Download managers still are not able to decode this algorithm. I am having the same issue of not able to download the 1080p, 4K vids with IDM, already tried YTD and Masstube stable build but they are also not able to capture HD vids with resolution above 720p.

Thanks for Sharing!

WTF!

WTH..

There is nothing wrong with PC OR Browser. Now Youtube has streamlined the HD vids in a separate algorithm so that Download managers can't capture the download link. many of the Download managers still are not able to decode this algorithm. I am having the same issue of not able to download the 1080p, 4K vids with IDM, already tried YTD and Masstube stable build but they are also not able to capture HD vids with resolution above 720p.

hey slimrock, you still facing this prob..last time i have asked u 1 question abt do you facing this 1080p problems in past also !

And yea i know that,, for you no video capture is working....

but why only handful of people facing this ! like in this whole forum only 1/2 !

Thanks for Sharing!

WTF!

WTH..

hey slimrock, you still facing this prob..last time i have asked u 1 question abt do you facing this 1080p problems in past also !

And yea i know that,, for you no video capture is working....

but why only handful of people facing this ! like in this whole forum only 1/2 !

Yep! With this latest Build the Issue is fixed for me! :rockon:

qEEQtS6.png

qEEQtS6.png

hahahaha enjoy slimy......

cheers

p.s-

but wat abt YTD and Masstube..is they also working for you

or its just GREAT IDM

Edited by truemate

qEEQtS6.png

hahahaha enjoy slimy......

cheers

p.s-

but wat abt YTD and Masstube..is they also working for you

or its just GREAT IDM

YTD is still not not able to capture Hi-Res Vids above 720p. Latest Alpha Build of Masstube is working but now they have removed the support for external Download manager's, So its not worth sticking to this useless app.

YTD is still not not able to capture Hi-Res Vids above 720p. Latest Alpha Build of Masstube is working but now they have removed the support for external Download manager's, So its not worth sticking to this useless app.

yup.. stay with IDM remaining is useless and crap

Always... :rockon:

check urs profile feed <_<

No idea bro.. :unsure:

check urs profile feed <_<

No idea bro.. :unsure:

Better to open a new topic with clear description.. :)

What's up with all the frequent updates of this program? At least twice a week there's an update. What gives?