K-Lite Codec Pack 10.1.0

jalaffa

K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of components needed for audio and video playback in DirectShow players such as Windows Media Player, Media Center, and Media Player Classic. It contains everything you need to play all common audio and video file formats. It also provides additional functionality such a thumbnail generation in Explorer. The pack has a very advanced installer which is highly flexible and has unique problem solving capabilities.

Thanks to rach for the update.

Download

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheAslan

• rach

• Rok

• Notam

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Eset - NSANE

Thanks for the update :D

When I tested this app with MPC Home Cinema it only caused problems, maybe I didn't config ffdshow settings properly.

Although I downloaded this one:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/Official%20releases/64-bit/ffdshow_rev4500_20130106_x64.exe/download

In my opinion MPC Home Cinema offers good enough picture quality without need of codecs.

Edited by TheAslan

In my opinion MPC Home Cinema offers good enough picture quality without need of codecs.

Yes, MPC-HC now doesn't really need extra external codecs because it has LAVFilters built-in.

I've used this for about 2-3 years but now I use VLC media player and CCCP

I found CCCP simple and personally prefer it than this (K-Lite) and if you have playback problem, you could ask question on their forums

:)

Thanks, downloading the pack for Windows 8.1. Bt the way, how this one compares to Advanced Codec for Windows 7 / 8?

afaik, Advanced Codec for Windows 7 / 8 integrates all the codecs with WMP and WMC. You may use it if you don't want to install other media player.

K-Lite contains MPC-HC (as main media player), light-weight media player compares to WMP. IMO, MPC-HC feels more comfortable for watching video. :)

Thanks, downloading the pack for Windows 8.1. Bt the way, how this one compares to Advanced Codec for Windows 7 / 8?

afaik, Advanced Codec for Windows 7 / 8 integrates all the codecs with WMP and WMC. You may use it if you don't want to install other media player.

Thanks for explaining.

K-Lite contains MPC-HC (as main media player), light-weight media player compares to WMP. IMO, MPC-HC feels more comfortable for watching video. :)

Hmmm, K-Lite contain an MPC-HC, as well recommending VLC to download for better playback experience. What's up K-Lite?

But, both are best.

Edited by Rok