NSA Site Down Due To Alleged DDoS Attack

Cypher3927

40234767_1371170911.jpg

nsa-site-ddos-attack-.si.jpg

Breaking News!

The website for the United States National Security Agency suddenly went offline Friday.

NSA.gov has been unavailable globally as of late Friday afternoon, and Twitter accounts belonging to people loosely affiliated with the Anonymous hacktivism movement have suggested they are responsible.

Twitter users @AnonymousOwn3r and @TruthIzSexy both were quick to comment on the matter, and implied that a distributed denial-of-service attack, or DDoS, may have been waged as an act of protest against the NSA.

So If it's a attack comming from me, or maybe from a country? won't say! It's just looks like a start of a cyber war
— Anonymous Own3r (@AnonymousOwn3r) October 25, 2013

NSA remains down! :D You do not fuck the peoples human rights and information!

#Anonymous
— S.3xe (@TruthIzSexy) October 25, 2013

Allegations that those users participated in the DDoS — a method of over-loading a website with too much traffic — are currently unverified, and @AnonymousOwn3r has previously taken credit for downing websites in a similar fashion, although those claims have been largely contested.

The crippling of NSA.gov comes amid a series of damning national security documents that have been disclosed without authorization by former intelligence contractor Edward Snowden. The revelations in the leaked documents have impassioned people around the globe outraged by evidence of widespread surveillance operated by the NSA, and a massive “Stop Watching Us” rally is scheduled for Saturday in Washington, DC.

RUSTLE LEAGUE DID http://t.co/WI8xnt6JVm #MANGODOWN http://t.co/twsKal6wor
— Rustle League (@LelzSec) October 25, 2013

DDoS attacks are illegal in the United States under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, or CFAA, and two cases are currently underway in California and Virginia in which federal judges are weighing in on instances in which members of Anonymous allegedly used the technique to take down an array of sites during anti-copyright campaigns waged by the group in 2010 and 2011. In those cases, so-called hacktivsits are reported to have conspired together to send immense loads of traffic to targeted websites, rendering them inaccessible due to the overload.

Source: RT

Edited by Cypher3927

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cypher3927

• Reefa

• Matt

• locoJoe

The bad thing is this makes me wonder even more about the things I seen on YouTube about a virus being injected in the bank and no one can get any money out. Then you hear about them spying on all the European Leaders. No telling who did this. But the videos I was watching was talking about shutting the banks down, then not being able to get them back up, no one can get there money why they steal it all, then declare Marshal Law to set down the riots that will stir up, because all the social programs, Medicaid, Food stamps and everything else is being cut and may be stopped. That would be Social Security and everything. Preppers are stocking up on everything, some food and water, MRE's, others bullets what they can find, the Government has bought most of them, along with AK's and also heard they have been training with Russian and Polish troops just in case because they know most American troops will not turn on the people, some will, some will not. Invaded from within and without is prophesied.

lol figured this would happen eventually. they need to hit healthcare.gov next for the screwjob obamacare they stuck us with.

Thanks for sharing this great news :D

Anytime mate. Good start to the protest in Washington tomorrow. I posted about that in another thread with the Oliver Stone, John Cusack Stop Watching Us video. Good to see people waking the fuck up. :thumbsup:

Anytime mate. Good start to the protest in Washington tomorrow. I posted about that in another thread with the Oliver Stone, John Cusack Stop Watching Us video. Good to see people waking the fuck up. :thumbsup:

Fuckin a.I hope it all goes well and the pigs dont start swinging there weight around i think thats a bit to much ask for though..I always try my hardest to spread the word around..But it is difficult as even my famiy hear the word anonymous and they say Blindly..ooh fuckin hackers hacked the ps3 network.. I tell them it was LulzSec but they are just blind and believe what mainstream media tells em..I guess thats the story of most though..It dont stop me though cause as you say i think people are starting to wake up slowly :thumbsup:

Next target should be wikipedia, it also only hosts information free for everyone.

:guns:

Bastards. Screw 'em

:D :D :D