vista windows photo gallery

myidisbb

it keeps opening another windows box for each photo i click on. i have looking online and that wasnt any help that i could see.

basically i want the next photo i click on to appear in the same windows photo gallery box that i already have open.

• Replies 1
  • Views 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it keeps opening another windows box for each photo i click on. i have looking online and that wasnt any help that i could see.

basically i want the next photo i click on to appear in the same windows photo gallery box that i already have open.

I assume you are under VISTA.

I think that the way you want it is not possible (combining Windows explorer and picture viewer: closing the first opened picture and replace it by a second picture in the same picture viewer window using a click in explorer pane).

Why ? :

because there are two tools in Vista : The Photo Gallery and The Photo Gallery Viewer.

The Photo Gallery Viewer offers most of the same tools as Photo Gallery. The main difference is that the Viewer only shows one picture at a time.

Solution ? :

Yes there are two different solutions to get the result you want

1- First solution using windows explorer alone

click the Organize toolbar button and make your selections on the Layout submenu

When you open a subfolder that contains pictures, you’ll see a thumbnail icon for each one. The size of that thumbnail depends on where you place the Views slider in the toolbar. If the Preview pane is open, pointing to a thumbnail displays an enlarged copy of thethumbnail. To choose which panes you want to show or hide, click the Organize toolbar button and make your selections on the Layout submenu.

2- Second solution using Photo Gallery

Windows Photo Gallery is a program that helps you bring together pictures and videos from all the subfolders in your Pictures folder. Photo Gallery isn’t a folder where you store files. Rather, it’s a way of organizing and accessing files without having to navigate around through multiple folders. For example,you can view all your photos at once, regardless of what folders they’re in. Or better yet, you can locate and work with pictures that have certain things in common, such as all the pictures of your child (if you’re a parent).The only disadvantage of Windows Photo Gallery is that it doesn’t show icons for all pictures and videos.Anything that doesn’t show a thumbnail in your Pictures folder doesn’t show up at all in Photo Gallery! Photo Gallery shows thumbnails for BMP, JFIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and WDP photos and WMV, AVI, ASF, and MPEG movies.

Windows Photo Gallery fire up:

a- Click (or double-click) any picture thumbnail in your Pictures folder to preview it, then click Gallery in the lower-right corner of the preview window that opens.

b- Click the Start button and choose Windows Photo Gallery.

Photo Gallery quick tips:

1- Rest the mouse pointer on any thumbnail to see a larger view of the picture.

2- Double-click any picture to preview it at a larger size. Click Back to Gallery to leave the preview.

3- To open the folder in which a picture is contained, right-click its thumbnail and choose Open FileLocation.

4- Back to the Gallery: To return to thumbnails of all your pictures, click Go To Gallery in the upper-left corner.

Choosing what to view and how:

The gallery to the right of the Navigation pane shows a thumbnail for each photo and video currently in thegallery.

Use the Thumbnail View and Thumbnail Size buttons to choose how you want those thumbnails to look.Clicking the Thumbnail View button offers Thumbnails, Thumbnails with Text, and Tiles views. Try each one to see how it looks. Then use the Thumbnail Size button to make the thumbnails whatever size youlike. Or, if your mouse has a wheel, hold down the Ctrl key while spinning the wheel. To get back to theoriginal sizes, click the Set Default Thumbnail Size button to the right of the Thumbnail Size button.To group or arrange pictures in the gallery, click the Thumbnail View button, choose Arrange By or GroupBy and whatever option best describes how you want things organized.

Selecting thumbnails in the gallery:

As in folders, you can select multiple thumbnails in Photo Gallery. This can be handy when you want to apply a similar rating, tag, or caption to pictures. Or when you want to create a slide show from several pic-tures, print several pictures, and so forth. You can use the same techniques you use in folders to select thumbnails in the gallery.In addition to the standard methods of selecting thumbnails (and icons), you can select multiple thumb-nails just by clicking their checkboxes. Any thumbnail that has a checkmark is selected. Any thumbnail that doesn’t have a checkmark is unselected. To select all the pictures in the gallery, click any single picture and press Ctrl+A. Or right-click some empty space just outside the thumbnails and choose Select All. If you want to select most (but not all) of the pic-tures, select them all first. Then Ctrl+Click the pictures you want to un-select, or clear their checkboxes.

Archived