foobar2000 1.3 Beta 1

anuraag

foobar.pngFoobar2000 is an advanced audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include Replay Gain support, a low-memory footprint, and native support for several popular audio formats. Features include open-component architecture, allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player; built-in support for WAV, AIFF, VOC, AU, SND, Ogg Vorbis, MPC, MP2, MP3, MPEG-4 AAC, FLAC, OggFLAC, Monkey's Audio, WavPack, Speex, CDDA, TFMX, and SPC; support through third-party plug-ins; extraction on-the-fly from RAR; 7-Zip and ZIP archives; full Unicode support on Windows NT; efficient handling of large playlists; a highly customizable playlist display; and customizable keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks to thylacine for the update.

Download

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oliverjia

• janedoe

• anuraag

• ramiz0

Dr. Eset - NSANE

Thanks for the beta update :lol:

thanks. Glad they are still working on the development of FB2000. It has been a long while since the release of v1.29

Wow, 3 months between 1.2.9 and 1.3 beta 1 and already people are crying about development ceasing because "it has been a long while"? Amazing. It's almost as if developers releasing great apps for free do not deserve to take a break, or perhaps focus on important things IRL like their families.

LOL

who the fuxk are you to tell me in such a tone? I NEVER complained their development beging slow in my post. I simply expressed my happiness that this great program is still going on, because it happened a lot in the past some good open source programs just ceased its development and then faded away. I am just glad FB2000 did not go that way. If you look at its past release history, yes 3 month is "a while" compared to their normal release frequency.

If you can not understand what I mean, I suggest you do not reply to my post.

thanks. Glad they are still working on the development of FB2000. It has been a long while since the release of v1.29

Wow, 3 months between 1.2.9 and 1.3 beta 1 and already people are crying about development ceasing because "it has been a long while"? Amazing. It's almost as if developers releasing great apps for free do not deserve to take a break, or perhaps focus on important things IRL like their families.

Free Encoder Pack (2013-10-21) has been updated with the latest binaries.

What is this?
This pack includes every natively supported free encoder binary for use with the Converter foobar2000 component. The binaries are conveniently installed into a subfolder of the foobar2000 installation folder.
Current versions of foobar2000 will automatically recognize these encoders and no longer ask you for encoder binary location.

Included encoders:

• FLAC
  • Ogg Vorbis
  • Opus
  • Musepack
  • WavPack
Please note that this pack includes only encoders that we are legally allowed to distribute; that excludes MP3 and AAC encoders.

System requirements
foobar2000 v1.1.14 or newer, with the Converter component installed.
Edited by rach

LOL

who the fuxk are you to tell me in such a tone? I NEVER complained their development beging slow in my post. I simply expressed my happiness that this great program is still going on, because it happened a lot in the past some good open source programs just ceased its development and then faded away. I am just glad FB2000 did not go that way. If you look at its past release history, yes 3 month is "a while" compared to their normal release frequency.

Doesn't matter in the least what the previous release cadence has been. There is no express or implied guarantee from the foobar dev that he will stick to a particular release schedule, and indeed no such schedule or roadmap has been published to date AFAIK. Keeping that in mind, 3 measly months between updates is not an eon or a long while IMO, and if you've hung around their forum you'd know that Peter's very much still working on the app, responding to bug reports etc.

In any case if the sarcasm offended you so much I apologize, but there's no reason whatsoever for you to immediately resort to four-letter words that I would slap my son for if I caught him using them.

OK, fair enough. I guess I own you an apology.

I was a bit mad because I love this program (its the best of its kind), so when my post was interpreted as complaining of the Foobar devs, I lost my temper. Anyway, let's chill out dude, it all comes down to that we love this program and appreicate the dev's efforts.

LOL

Doesn't matter in the least what the previous release cadence has been. There is no express or implied guarantee from the foobar dev that he will stick to a particular release schedule, and indeed no such schedule or roadmap has been published to date AFAIK. Keeping that in mind, 3 measly months between updates is not an eon or a long while IMO, and if you've hung around their forum you'd know that Peter's very much still working on the app, responding to bug reports etc.

In any case if the sarcasm offended you so much I apologize, but there's no reason whatsoever for you to immediately resort to four-letter words that I would slap my son for if I caught him using them.

Edited by oliverjia