Microsoft Delays Windows 9, to Launch It in Early 2015

Matsuda

microsoft.jpg

Microsoft is now getting ready to debut the new Windows 8.1, but people are already talking about Windows 9, the new major version of the operating system that was rumored to come next year in November.

A new report, however, reveals that Microsoft has actually delayed Windows 9, which means that the next full Windows OS won’t be launched sooner than the spring of 2015.

Citing sources close to the matter, Mary Jo Foley of ZDNet writes that while the fall of 2014 was the initial launch date of Windows 9, Redmond has actually reconsidered the release schedule, so the operating system might be pushed to early 2015.

There are absolutely no details on the features to be included in Windows 9, but the same report indicates that the new version of the OS is very likely to bring closer Windows and Windows Phone. This could be an indication that previous reports were true, as Microsoft might indeed merge the Windows and Windows Phone Stores into a single app repository to be offered across a wider product range.

Again, keep in mind that all of these are nothing but rumors, so until Redmond steps in and confirms the report, take it with a grain of salt.

Source

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tezza

• Matsuda

• Matt

• emerglines

Top Posters In This Topic

What did I said :) I said they will release it in 2015 :)

+1 lol i was losing hope on what MS is now :)

• Administrator

What did I said :) I said they will release it in 2015 :)

+1 lol i was losing hope on what MS is now :)

:)

I have more faith in WZOR :showoff: ( states release in 2014) than Mary Jo Foley .

Microsoft will release in 2015, WZOR it will leak in 2014. :D

I have more faith in WZOR :showoff: ( states release in 2014) than Mary Jo Foley .

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

lol :)

Now we’re hearing yet another rumor which claims that Windows 9 will actually be launched in 2014 and will be based on NT 6.4. What’s more, Microsoft might bring Windows 10 to the market a lot sooner than expected, with the same speculation pointing to a potential 2015 release date.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Could-Launch-Windows-9-in-2014-Windows-10-in-2015-Rumor-392026.shtml

WZOR for the win :showoff: 2014 , Mary Jo Foley 2015 :doh:

Edited by tezza

Now we’re hearing yet another rumor which claims that Windows 9 will actually be launched in 2014 and will be based on NT 6.4. What’s more, Microsoft might bring Windows 10 to the market a lot sooner than expected, with the same speculation pointing to a potential 2015 release date.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Could-Launch-Windows-9-in-2014-Windows-10-in-2015-Rumor-392026.shtml

WZOR for the win :showoff: 2014 , Mary Jo Foley 2015 :doh:

Thanks for the update tezza. :thumbsup: