SpywareBlaster + AdBlockPlus

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Dear Readers,

I was just curious as I was doing some software cleaning...

I have used SpywareBlaster for a few years now without really knowing what it does...

But now I'm thinking, since it adds sites to be blocked so spyware doesn't get through.

So my question is... For FireFox, AdBLockPlus does basically the same thing right?

Because I only use FF, UNLESS I want ot update stuff then I use IE to use WindowsUpdate.

Other than that, it's strictly FF, so if AdBlockPlus does the same, I might as well uninstall it.

Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theoritically correct, but I would recommend to leave your SpywareBlaster intact and do a manual scan once in a while.

No anti-spyware is 100% foolproof!

I use Malwarebytes', Spybot S&D and Firefox with Adblock plus, occassionally Malwarebytes's pick out spyware when the rest cannot or vice versa.

SacredCultivator

I could be wrong but SpywareBlaster isn't really a Scanner... =X

LOL, You could be right, cause I don't use SpywareBlaster. ;)

But my point is, no standalone program can do everything. :battle:

If you have FF with Adblock, Nod32 AV with Anti-spyware........spywareblaster...well...too many?

It's up to you whether you keep SpywareBlaster or not ;)

To each their own :battle:

:)

Ah, you guys - we must conspire to use this line when we have some difference in opinion.

Escobarretje

Just use it. It doesn't do anything to the PC's performance, and it's different then AdBlockPlus. Why? Cause SpywareBlaster is against Spyware and makes some restricted spyware sites, and protects FF and IE. AdBlockPlus is for blocking ads and only protects FF ;)

So just use SpywareBlaster, it's good shit and again, no performance loss :)

At 303 KBs AdBlock has absolutely no adverse effect on performance - on the contrary, it enhances one's surfing as many undesirable ads. & images are prevented from loading.

Have never had an opportunity to use SpywareBlaster (so no comments about it.)

Archived