XYplorer 13.10.0000

jalaffa

XYplorer is a tabbed file manager for Windows. It features a powerful file search, a versatile preview, a highly customizable interface, optional dual pane, and a large array of unique ways to efficiently automate frequently recurring tasks, multi-level undo or redo, queued file operations, a duplicate file finder, branch view, folder view settings, batch rename, the mini tree, user-defined commands, scripting, color filters, reports and directory print, file tags, catalog, hotlist, breadcrumb, filters, comments and more. It's fast, light, innovative and portable.

Thanks to ramiz0 for the update.

Download

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedrito

• Journey

• jalaffa

• locoJoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been using this and its very nice. However the changelog is particulary unimpressive. I dont think I'll bother with this build. thanx for the update tho, I'm hoping they will release a 64bit version soon.

Come to papa baby. :lol: I love this program because MS fails at doing a thorough search on any of my hdd's using it's own Search tool. You want a perfect solution to searching? Get this program, plain and simple.

I never understood what these programs do, except thorough search as stated by Journey...

Besides that what's the point of having such a program? What can you do there that you can't do there?

Can someone please enlighten me? :P

Well, here's a thorough explanation of what it does besides searching:

XYplorer is a multi-tabbed file manager for Windows, featuring a very powerful file search, versatile preview facilities, a highly customizable interface, and a large array of unique ways to efficiently automate frequently recurring tasks. It’s extremely fast and light, it’s innovative, and it’s fun! XYplorer (formerly known as TrackerV3) is a hybrid file manager that combines features found in navigational and orthodox file managers. Instead of dual folder panes, it features a file tree and a tabbed interface for folders that supports drag-and-drop between tabs. A central feature is the hideable information panel at the bottom that can be used to view file properties and contents, generate reports, preview files (PNG, TIF, GIF, JPG, TGA, PSD, ICO; WAV, MP3, MPEG, AVI; TTF, PFB; HTML, EML, MSG, DOC, XLS, PDF, and many other formats) and find files.

The XYplorer search facility supports Boolean logic, Regular Expressions, whole word and fuzzy matching, binary string search, and multiple location search. Some unique features are the Catalog, (which is a user created panel of links to files, folders, URLs, and similar entries), Scripting (which allows user to create stored sets of commands, similar to a macro), and UDC (User Defined Commands) (which allow user to create a limited set of customized commands).

• XYplorer is a Portable File Manager. It doesn’t require any installation, nor does it ever change your system or registry. Ideal for a USB drive.
• Tabbed Browsing. Cutting-edge file management using a true multi-tabbed interface.
• Dual Pane spells productivity and ease of use.
• Powerful file search with amazing speed. It supports Boolean Logic, Regular Expressions, Boolean RegExp, Content Search, and more…
• Folder View Settings. Save and auto-restore the view settings of any particular folder. Great feature, saves a lot of time.
• Mini Tree, the author’s personal killer feature.
• Folder Sizes can be shown right in the file list.
• Tags and Comments let you give colors, labels, and comments to individual filenames.
• Reduce your daily routines to simple keystrokes with User-Defined Commands!
• Scripting. Advanced solutions for advanced tasks.
• One-click previews of all important image, audio, video, web, office, and font file formats.
• A powerful Favorites Panel called Catalog.
• Quickly create New Items from a configurable menu, a major time saver!
• Portable File Associations. Home is where your double-click is!
• Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts for more than 300 functions. Have it your way!
• XYplorer is continuously enhanced and users are taken seriously.
• A clean and user-friendly interface makes working with XYplorer easy and intuitive.

So it's basically a file manager! I guess it's only useful for someone who manages allot of files all the time.

I don't think it's for me then. Thanks for your explanation, Journey. :)