Windows 8.1 updates detailed, includes new Photo Loop camera feature

Matsuda

windows-8-logo-stock-6_1020_large.jpg

Microsoft may have finalized its Windows 8.1 update, but the company insists it's still working on last minute bug fixes, feature additions, and more. Microsoft is working on a number of services and app updates between the finalization period (RTM) and the October 18th general availability release date. Updates to the built-in Windows 8.1 Bing search, Bing apps, and the Camera app are all planned.

Bing search will be updated to include additional hotels and restaurants search categories. On the app side, Bing Food and Drink will be updated to include instructional videos from world renowned chefs and 100,000s of new recipes with new guides on cooking meals. Bing Finance will be updated to allow users to connect to a portfolio directly and make trades within the app. Bing Travel is getting additional user generated photos from Trover and Michellin, and Bing Sports will be updated with additional real-time live events and over 20 more international leagues.

Perhaps the most interesting addition to Windows 8.1 that Microsoft is readying is a new camera feature. Microsoft calls it Photo Loop and it's essentially identical to BlackBerry 10's photo rewind feature. Unfortunately it requires new camera hardware that supports the feature, and the Surface 2 and other tablets this holiday season will ship with capable cameras. When you open the Camera app on Windows 8.1 with a compatible device it will start to instantly take pictures from the moment it's loaded. While you won't see it taking pictures, it acts as a temporary buffer so you can use a radial menu to rewind a photo where someone may have blinked or looked away. Other compact cameras also have the feature, but it's a nice addition to Windows 8.1.

All of the updates will go live in the Windows Store on October 18th, and Microsoft is planning to update its services in the days before the release to light up the additional features. Some Windows 8 users will start to see the Windows 8.1 on October 17th depending on regions, but it will be available in retail outlets from October 18th onwards.

Source

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LiLmEgZ

• tezza

• psyko666

• dMog

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy Windows 8.1 since there's no KMS Activation available for it :P

I am, and you do not need kms activation :D

Edited by tezza

You do if u want to install it early and activate w/o contacting MS :)

Good thing mine is a legit one :P

You do if u want to install it early and activate w/o contacting MS :)

Don't be scared of the MS automatic activation service :lol:

Edited by tezza

they did make it a bargain first upgrades for 29.99€ or even better with a key from a early buy. for 14.99€

how stupid could you be , for this offers to search for a crack or key or kms.

i run windows 8.1 genuine .

now that this bargain is over ,the more they search or wait.

i think i have heard that microsoft is intended to make another bargain for xp users to make the step to go to windows 8.1

i hope you are all clever and buy it.(at this prices)

sure i hope for another kms - key - crack or whatever. but for now i have no problems with this legal versions i have buyed.

(no ! i do not work for the gouvernement or Microsoft)

i just would tell you , if the price is so low why botter to get something else.

Edited by eurobyn

LOL Eurobyn... KMS is required for those on Enterprise dude....

KMS is the ONLY way to activate the Enterprise version if you are on it :D

LOL Eurobyn... KMS is required for those on Enterprise dude....

KMS is the ONLY way to activate the Enterprise version if you are on it :D

Keys are available to activate Enterprise ;)

LiLmEgZ you know shit about Windows 8.1 Enterprise activation mate... November_ra1n has a Topic about activation and it's by using a offline Productkey and use Skype to activate...

LiLmEgZ you know shit about Windows 8.1 Enterprise activation mate... November_ra1n has a Topic about activation and it's by using a offline Productkey and use Skype to activate...

Thanks for making me look like a complete dipshit, faggot

not since win 95 i have i had to worry about activation...bought a new notebook with win8 installed so will just wait for the update to show up from windows update...i know feels strange to me too ...

Thanks for making me look like a complete dipshit, faggot

no...you are making yourself look that way all by yourself and do not need anyone's help....what, are you 5 years old and your mommy is out of the room?

Kilag is right, you should have looked first before shouting that there's only one way to activate Windows 8.1 Enterprise through KMS, if you searched you would find the Topic of November_ra1n, you can activate offline by using Skype!

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/183846-windows-81-build-9600-rtm-download-links-permanent-activation-via-phone/

And why do you call him a faggot ?! <_<

Grow up! :angry:

Edited by psyko666