How to get the Windows product key without using third party software

geeteam

1.Open Notepad.
2.Copy and paste the following text into the notepad window
function Get-WindowsKey {
## function to retrieve the Windows Product Key from any PC
## by Jakob Bindslet ([email protected])
param ($targets = ".")
$hklm = 2147483650
$regPath = "Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion"
$regValue = "DigitalProductId"
Foreach ($target in $targets) {
$productKey = $null
$win32os = $null
$wmi = [WMIClass]"\\$target\root\default:stdRegProv"
$data = $wmi.GetBinaryValue($hklm,$regPath,$regValue)
$binArray = ($data.uValue)[52..66]
$charsArray = "B","C","D","F","G","H","J","K","M","P","Q","R","T","V","W","X","Y","2","3","4","6","7","8","9"
## decrypt base24 encoded binary data
For ($i = 24; $i -ge 0; $i--) {
$k = 0
For ($j = 14; $j -ge 0; $j--) {
$k = $k * 256 -bxor $binArray[$j]
$binArray[$j] = [math]::truncate($k / 24)
$k = $k % 24
}
$productKey = $charsArray[$k] + $productKey
If (($i % 5 -eq 0) -and ($i -ne 0)) {
$productKey = "-" + $productKey
}
}
$win32os = Get-WmiObject Win32_OperatingSystem -computer $target
$obj = New-Object Object
$obj | Add-Member Noteproperty Computer -value $target
$obj | Add-Member Noteproperty Caption -value $win32os.Caption
$obj | Add-Member Noteproperty CSDVersion -value $win32os.CSDVersion
$obj | Add-Member Noteproperty OSArch -value $win32os.OSArchitecture
$obj | Add-Member Noteproperty BuildNumber -value $win32os.BuildNumber
$obj | Add-Member Noteproperty RegisteredTo -value $win32os.RegisteredUser
$obj | Add-Member Noteproperty ProductID -value $win32os.SerialNumber
$obj | Add-Member Noteproperty ProductKey -value $productkey
$obj
}
}

3. Save the text above into a file with the ".ps1" extension on the Desktop.

Bonus tip: To make sure that you saving the file with the ".ps1" extension, you can type its name with double quotes, for example, "GetProductKey.ps1".
getproductkeyps1-600x448.png
4. Open the Powershell console as administrator by typing "powershell" in the search box of the Start Menu or right on the Start Screen and then press CTRL+SHIFT+Enter. This will open the elevated Powershell window.
5. Enable the execution of local files which are not digitally signed. This can be done with the following command:
Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned
Press Enter to allow the execution policy to be changed.
Windows-PowerShell-600x439.png
6. Now you should type the following command:
Import-Module C:\Users\Winaero\Desktop\GetProductKey.ps1; Get-WindowsKey
7. Voila, you product key is displayed on the screen!
GetProductKey-600x441.png
Thanks to WinAero

• Replies 30
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geeteam

• emerglines

• AR_Alex

• tezza

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing! For me Keyfinder is a better option instead going into such lengthy process to get the Windows key information, Its a portable build, no installation, easy to use.

Thanks for sharing! For me Keyfinder is a better option instead going into such lengthy process to get the Windows key information, Its a portable build, no installation, easy to use.

Finally!!! i found a way but this is not really what i wanted!

By the way you let us go far away, make sure the next time to explain in detail your problem, the solution was in the first post of a friend, and you go to this hard one to recover your key lol! and its a Daz key !

naa i found a way bt this not what i wanted, i want a way i can get my preinstalled product keys which is usually found at the back of a laptop.

this shows the current os product keys u're running on. Which is not what i wanted! I want the keys which is found or written at the buttom of the pc. Still searching... Sent an email to winaero.

I bet there is a way to hide the product key from here after activation...

iBELiEVE theres away Alex. I used yamicsoft's windows manager

this shows the current os product keys u're running on. Which is not what i wanted! I want the keys which is found or written at the buttom of the pc. Still searching... Sent an email to winaero.

The key that appears is just the same key i can find in any recovery tool, you can't recover the key before the one you did instal by using windows loader, which means you just try to get it in a different way.

The key that appears is just the same key i can find in any recovery tool, you can't recover the key before the one you did instal by using windows loader, which means you just try to get it in a different way.
Oh really? So u're trying to tell me that i can use the windows loader tool to get my old windows keys on pc before using the upgrade key? That will be nice...

Oh really? So u're trying to tell me that i can use the windows loader tool to get my old windows keys on pc before using the upgrade key? That will be nice...

Just do a "factory reset" and problem over

I say you can't recover the old key if you use windows loader it means you will get a modified key not the one that MS install in the first time in your computer

Edited by emerglines

Where i can find that option

As it's a work pc at home , i would imagine it's a laptop and will have a factory reset available ( just remember to save files first)

YEAH!~tezza; but its a company pc we're talking about over here

I say you can't recover the old key if you use windows loader it means you will get a modified key not the one that MS install in the first time in your computer

I know all about this; but my problem is the genuineity of the os. what if MS finds out?

As it's a work pc at home , i would imagine it's a laptop and will have a factory reset available ( just remember to save files first)

it depends on the pc u're using... i know for Toshiba. its the 0 (Zero) key... pressed before the bios screen pops up...

@gee, the pc will be in exactly the same state as when the company purchased it using factory reset.

Edit just seen your post above.

Daz has made the OS genuine ( if that is what you used, no worries)

@gee, the pc will be in exactly the same state as when the company purchased it using factory reset.

Edit just seen your post above.

Daz has made the OS genuine ( if that is what you used, no worries)

OkAY! will think about it... Backing UP! will be the next thing to do

I know all about this; but my problem is the genuineity of the os. what if MS finds out?

If microsoft finds out they will contact the fbi about it. Then within a few hours the swat team will be knocking at your door...

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: ... if only they can